Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What The Nova Attorney Told Me Today

Rate this question

acesup

Question

Had a good discussion with my NOVA attorney today, and several things were cleared up (in my foggy brain).

-She will handle appeal to DRO, and up to BVA, CVAC levels if necessary.

-She believes both C&P examiner and rater erred by not just failing to properly weigh medical evidence and IMO/IMEs that supported my case, but by totally ignoring it as if it didn't exist. She thinks I have solid medical evidence and opinion to support my claim, and the VA relied on nothing but crap to deny..

-She is hopeful but not at all confident that a DRO/ De Novo review will find in my favor.

-She is quite confident that if BVA does not fully grant my claim for every condition, and for TDIU, that CVAC will do so. She is not a gambler. They don't take cases that waste their time and money.

-She was straight up and honest in saying that I may as well be prepared for a wait of several years, the old "expect the worse but hope for the best" deal.

-What I really like is that she is bright, articulate, likes to read and write (especially briefs for appeals).

-I had given up hope. I am elated to have such an advocate now. I would sign away 80% if that's what was needed.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

acesup - congrats on getting someone to communicate. I think most of our frustration could be at least put at ease if we just knew what was going on with our claims/appeals. I may switch to a lawyer if I don't hear something soon.

Limbo is status quo for the VARO.

• HadIt.com Elder

Aces the biggest difference I found between VSOs and my Lawyer is that when I had a question I could e mail the lawyer and they would reply to me, I have never had a VSO return a call let alone give me a e mail address, the NOVA lawyers have a great organization and cooperate with each other and have quarterly continuing ed sessions at one point in the BVA appeal process she wanted a new IME from a local cardiac doc she set up the appt, told him what she needed and she paid the bill told me to repay her when the backpay came in obviously all lawyers are not like her but she is one special lady

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."