VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Still Waitin

Rate this question

doogie

Question

LORD knows i am not complaining [bUT] I am still in the raters for a claim of PTSD SC

DEC 2nd it will have been 17 months

VSO told me there was nothing left ,and that they need no more info

I am wondering if i will recieve an answer soon or are the VA is so backlogged they can't handle the claims

I like what one CONGRESSMAN said [hire and train some of the out of work vets to process and rate claims] Jobs for vets stimulate the economy ect...

Sorry ,just wanted to blow off some steam of the stress

Sometimes i feel so alone ,except for my friends here at HADIT

Great site ,thanks

Edited by doogie

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

I like what one CONGRESSMAN said [hire and train some of the out of work vets to process and rate claims]

Foe clarification, even if they hire more worker's whether vets or civilians,

it will take a couple of years for them to know squat.

Hang in there, try to find a hobby.

JMHO

• HadIt.com Elder

Since it has been 17 months you might consider a Writ of Mandamus. First you write the VA a short letter explaing how long you have been waiting and you are planning to file a Writ of Mandamus in 30 days if you do not hear back from them.

You probably will not hear back but than you file the Writ. Hadit has information on how to do it.

Writ of Mandamus

Hadit example

Good Luck

Have you obtained a copy of the C & P yet? It will give you a heads up on what they will decide.

My last claim took 7 years. I spent a few hours every week during those 7 years to make sure my evidence was solid.I found more evidence even at the last minute with I never sent to the VA.

I am waiting for an AO decision. This claim has only been at VA for 15 months so far.

I am actually preparing a tentative NOD if they screw up and I have also found more evidence for that pending claim.

I just posted again here the criteria for PTSD awards. If there is anything else you could possibly to to attain a SC award, now is the time to find any more evidence you might need.

Having a copy of the C & P will certainly help you know what to expect.

Hi Doogie - I filed my PTSD claim on 30 August 2010, had my C&P on 20 Oct 2010. My claim is still in the Determination Phase and hasn't moved at all. I just continue to go to my VA appointments and take my meds and try not to think about the claim. I figure that the VA will eventually get around to my claim and hopefully they won't try and low-ball my initial rating.

I've taken the advice of the pros here and I fish a lot!

Best of luck to you.

OEF 21B

LORD knows i am not complaining [bUT] I am still in the raters for a claim of PTSD SC

DEC 2nd it will have been 17 months

VSO told me there was nothing left ,and that they need no more info

I am wondering if i will recieve an answer soon or are the VA is so backlogged they can't handle the claims

I like what one CONGRESSMAN said [hire and train some of the out of work vets to process and rate claims] Jobs for vets stimulate the economy ect...

Sorry ,just wanted to blow off some steam of the stress

Sometimes i feel so alone ,except for my friends here at HADIT

Great site ,thanks

• HadIt.com Elder

Back in the 70's and 80's I remember filing claims at St Pete VARO and it would be two year minimum, and then two more years on appeal to the BVA. You just filed it and forgot it.