VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A & A / Homebound

Rate this question

grent

Question

I have a question for the forum.

If a veteran is 100% P and T scheduler and he applys for A and A how much more money would he receive per month?

and

If a veteran is 100% P and T scheduler and applys for house - bound how much more money would he receive per month?

if you could answer my two questions thank you.

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I didn't have any problems getting either housbound then Aid & attendance.

I wrote a letter for my PCP to sign, he completed the required va form and sign my letter after he had it xeroxed to va letter head.

In my opinion, if you have a valid issue that requires A&A then you will receive it.

In my case I am on oxygen and the fact that I cannot be around flames or open fire means I cannot cook for myself, I also have some issues because of my back problems and need assistance putting on my dropfoot brace,socks and shoes.

Initally I was granted housebound but on CUE review I was awarded A&A at L 1/2.

Now if only they would approve the caregiver program for those veterans pre 9/11......

"Now if only they would approve the caregiver program for those veterans pre 9/11"

Yes that would be great! I have no idea if the VA is considering that.

The 9/11 caregivers I assume are often probably much younger than caregivers of most pre 9/11 vets and might deal with their own physical problems along with advancing age.

I wonder if anyone knows here if VA still has the Day Treatment program.This was a blessing for me as well as my husband.It gave me a few hours a few days a week to get everything done around here that could not be done when he was home.The VA Van provided his transportation to the VAMC and home again.They had movies and card games etc for the Day treatment vets and even a workshop where they could do small projects.And there was enough supervision by the VA so no one w3andered off and got lost.

I realise that maybe all I needed for my A & A claim was the Day Treatment records in the med rec file but I tried to cover all basis for the A & A claim.

"Initally I was granted housebound but on CUE review I was awarded A&A at L 1/2."

I have a pending CUE claim too for SMC accrued under Nehmer.

I was discouraged from NODing a decision in 1998 by my former vet rep.I sure should have filed the NOD.

My CUE claim has been pending at the VARO level for 7 and a half years.

My advice to all is be very,very careful theses days if going for

A&A.

I will not go into details but am absolutely positive it can rain pure hell

down onto you - even if you're already 100% P&T, but don't yet have 20 years of

protection for it.

I am NOT posting - do not file for A&A.

I AM posting - be very careful and make damned sure you have every single little duckie

lined up in a row perfectly - prior to filing for any A&A.

This is factual and based on a true event.

Your post makes me a bit nervous...would you care to elaborate?....I just filed for A&A for my husband, it was actually suggested by his doctor and she will support this and was willing to fill out VA Form 21-2680

Filing for anything opens the file up for review. The VA is known for scrutinizing everything once the thing is open. They look at every service connected injury and they look at the ratings, and they sometimes start calling for c and ps all over again.

Well, I've just read the thread again, and I think what I am stating is stated indirectly.

"Filing for anything opens the file up for review. The VA is known for scrutinizing everything once the thing is open. They look at every service connected injury and they look at the ratings, and they sometimes start calling for c and ps all over again."

wow, if thats the case...then withdrawing all claims may be in the best interest of my husband...psychiatric diagnosis are subjective and speculative at best...its is not uncommon to get multiple diagnosis's over time...just as you will get different opinoins from different psych examiners. We are happy with what we have and are not willing to jeopardize it...this isnt about greed!...Happy Holidays!!

Your post makes me a bit nervous...would you care to elaborate?....

I just filed for A&A for my husband, it was actually suggested by his doctor and she will support this and was willing to fill out VA Form 21-2680

silke,

What is he SC'd for and what percentage levels for each.

You could go ahead and have his doc fill out the 21-2680

and post the results here first - for comment.

I am not posting to NOT file for A&A - I am cautioning that claimants

need to be positive this is what they want to do - prior to having protected ratings.

Some of this caution is due to examples posted by scscrewed.