VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Meeting Rating Officer At Va

Rate this question

world_wide

Question

Hi all, I have not been here for a while as I work on a ship(merchant marine.)

Anyway, on Thursday I have a meeting with an RO regarding a claim for PTSD. I was denied earlier in the year(note the National Guard is throwing me out for PTSD.) I now have evidence from 2 an army psychologist that I have PTSD due to service in Iraq. I have an LOD from my unit saying I have PTSD from service in Iraq. I have paperwork from 2 VA therapists/psychiatrist saying I have PTSD from service in Iraq.

Earlier the VA said yes I have PTSD but they were unsure if my service in Iraq was the cause(this was a new excuse in my book.) I do have proof of my combat in Iraq.

I am wondering what I should expect, what I should wear(are jeans okay, or should I wear business casual, suit etc?)

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Generally, it's better to dress down a bit than dress up. Appearing in need of benefits can help.

Remember that the VA often fails to properly follow the "evidence in equipoise"-- "to the veteran" legal requirements.

Instead, the VA has been known to give more weight to a lack of complete evidence, and even try to negate positive evidence.

It sounds like you will eventually win, although it may ultimately take an appeal.

Evidence that the NG is "throwing you out" for PTSD documents the condition. The other evidence you mention should, if considered,

show that there is enough of a relationship with your combat service to service connect PTSD.

Hi all, I have not been here for a while as I work on a ship(merchant marine.)

Anyway, on Thursday I have a meeting with an RO regarding a claim for PTSD. I was denied earlier in the year(note the National Guard is throwing me out for PTSD.) I now have evidence from 2 an army psychologist that I have PTSD due to service in Iraq. I have an LOD from my unit saying I have PTSD from service in Iraq. I have paperwork from 2 VA therapists/psychiatrist saying I have PTSD from service in Iraq.

Earlier the VA said yes I have PTSD but they were unsure if my service in Iraq was the cause(this was a new excuse in my book.) I do have proof of my combat in Iraq.

I am wondering what I should expect, what I should wear(are jeans okay, or should I wear business casual, suit etc?)

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Generally, it's better to dress down a bit than dress up. Appearing in need of benefits can help.

Remember that the VA often fails to properly follow the "evidence in equipoise"-- "to the veteran" legal requirements.

Instead, the VA has been known to give more weight to a lack of complete evidence, and even try to negate positive evidence.

It sounds like you will eventually win, although it may ultimately take an appeal.

Evidence that the NG is "throwing you out" for PTSD documents the condition. The other evidence you mention should, if considered,

show that there is enough of a relationship with your combat service to service connect PTSD.

Thanks for the info. This is an appeal I am going to on Thursday. Thanks for the information. I will dress down a bit. Do you know how the appeal set up goes? Thanks, Craig.