VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Camp Lejeune Water Contamination Exposure

this kinda irks me, I spent years soaked in chemicals dying form diseases form chemicals, and the VA fights me,, yet some people say they drank water while tdy there... I wil die and blow a gasket if people who sniffed fumes get prioroty and more belief and results in claims than thos eof us that were soaked in chmicals daily with solid written records of daily exposure on the job, while they deny deny until we die and then give out awards to people whole touched the water a few times..

I would really really be pissed!

I know some of you wil be pissed at me, but put yourself in my shoes and al of us that weere soaked in chemicals and being denied while we die.. a horrible death....

The rotten dirty scum at the VA vetter take the people who worked witht he chemicals as serioui as they are witht he people who say they drank water that may have been contaminated...

the peoppe that worked with chmicals were soaked in the chmicals,, not just a brief encounter saoked every day for years and years... in the course of your job and duties,,, and reporting the illnessses on active duty from those chemicals, yet we go through years of hell being treated like scum......

we better not be pushed to the back of soime line full of people who had lite contact, at best.. there will be hell to pay by the VA if that B.S. crap happens!

if some people truly got sick fromm casyual contact, I feel for you, but you have no frakkin clue what it's like to actually be soaked and be dying from the dieases associted with those chemicals

I had to get this off my chest,, I see some type of lobby foriming pushing another agenda to the front of the line...

please, I don't mean disrespect but see something that is pissing me off.. I don't have the time and luxury of waiting around to be pushed back in line...

pleaase don't hate me for speaking my mind..

thanx..

some of those exposures go back to the 1960's. should those people who have been sick since then and just now have a recognized exposure and well grounded claim wait any longer? I think not. I'm in the same boat as you retired. but I know people who were stationed there that are suffering terribly. They made formula for thier babies with that water.

They were exposed before I ever saw service. They should be expidited, in my opinion, ahead of me.

• 2 months later...

In 1991, Congress directed the VA to complete a study on the effects of Agent Orange on Vietnam Vets... I wish we had a Congress that could agree on what they have for lunch. It's a shame that Congress has eroded to the point where no one of any level of competence even wants to run for the office.

• 4 months later...

CDC: Water at Marine base linked to birth defects _h17_w0_m6_otrue_lfalse.jpg 1 hr agoBy Michael Biesecker of Associated Press

The study surveyed the parents of 12,598 children born at Camp Lejeune between 1968 and 1985.

RALEIGH, N.C. — A long-awaited study by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirms a link between tainted tap water at a U.S. Marine Corps base in North Carolina and increased risk of serious birth defects and childhood cancers.

The study released late Thursday by the CDC's Agency for Toxic Substances & Disease Registry surveyed the parents of 12,598 children born at Camp Lejeune between 1968 and 1985, the year drinking-water wells contaminated with chemicals from a leaky fuel depot and a dry cleaner were closed.

The study concludes that babies born to mothers who drank the tap water while pregnant were four times more likely than normal to have such serious birth defects as spinal bifida. Babies whose mothers were exposed also had an elevated risk of such childhood cancers as leukemia.

Update to Berta earlier posting. Just sickening

That is horrible news...Thanks for this link!

I clicked on your post on the thing to the right side ...the new stuff but don't know where it was posted....hope in Claims Research forum where most here will see it.

The CDC studys arent really binding on the VA but this is so serious that maybe VA will move on some amendment to the regs.

Here is the latest info as far as I know ,from the VA, on Camp Lejuene bad water vets and their family members:

::http://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/camp-lejeune/

Also here is more info:

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2010/06/20/96093/va-quietly-giving-benefits-to.html

And plenty more info on the net.

As far as I know there are only 2 awards puvblisized so far for Camp LeJeune service connections:

http://www.salem-news.com/articles/october202009/lejeune_news.php

(This was prior to the proposed regulations)

There are some Camp Lejeune claims at the BVA, some denied and some on remand, but I did not find any awards there.

Much information on this sad topic but thanks to everyone for your posts...Hopefully, this is a diagnosis that many of us will never have to deal with!! I spent most of my early USMC career in nearby New River Air Station...Semper Fi

LC

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use