VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Camp Lejeune Water Contamination Exposure

Dinnard,

Disability compensation for exposure to the contaminated water at Camp Lejeune is possible if the claimant can prove a connection between their disease and the contaminated water. There have been a few cases where compensation was awarded. A successful claim would probably require a strong IMO supported by reasonable medical rationale. JMO

GP

• 4 weeks later...

Im going to fight this till my dying breath about were I was stationed at and other bases that ARE contaminated and the feds dont have the b*&^s to tell us the truth!!! This is TOTAL BS!!!

• 6 months later...

Have read about the water prob at Lejune for a while now....I have read some reports stating if you were stationed at New River you are included, but I can't be sure if this is accurate.

I was with HMM264, TME unit, for 7 months in 1979. Does anyone know about New River being included?

• 1 month later...

Hi, when I first heard about this situation several years ago I was shocked.  I was born there, my mom was pregnant with me and when I called her up and asked more probing questions like did she cook with, drink, wash clothes in, bathe herself and me in the poisin she said yes.  My dad was an officer and he was exposed as well.  Our housing was in the Tarawa Terrace area.  My parents are well, I have MS but that is not one of the diseases on the list.

After my shock wore off I called the registry and added my name and my mom's.  My parents are divorced and my dad is up on the situation.

When will all of this stop?

Holly

This more recent info appeared at the VA web site in November, 2015

http://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/camp-lejeune/

• 1 month later...

Having worked for an environmental company, I know that when they say it is cleaned up it usually is just to more acceptable levels or it is just cleaned up at the wells that they are testing and when they are testing. I was there in the mid 90s and wonder if it was really cleaned up......

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use