VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Increase

Rate this question

billy2

Question

Last month I received an increase from 50 to 70% for PTSD. I have been going to the Vet Center for over two years. I only go once a month and I can't stand going there. Just before I got my increase for PTSD I told my VSO at the DAV that I wanted to pack it in at the Vet Center. She said you don't have to go if you don't want to. I said that I am getting nothing out of it. I still go to the VA for meds every two months and I think that is enough for me.

The last time I was at the Vet Center I told my guy that I had a C&P coming up for PTSD and he said why? I said for an increase and he kind of scoffed at that.Well all I can say is

say is F*** him. I'm finished with him and the center and its time to move on.

Bill

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

There are a lot of vets that can not do a VC or even groups, so you are not alone. Most work with the Med doc and do one on one with a PTSD Psych doctor at the VA. Those with years of working with vets. That may be your only way of doing it.

Last month I received an increase from 50 to 70% for PTSD. I have been going to the Vet Center for over two years. I only go once a month and I can't stand going there. Just before I got my increase for PTSD I told my VSO at the DAV that I wanted to pack it in at the Vet Center. She said you don't have to go if you don't want to. I said that I am getting nothing out of it. I still go to the VA for meds every two months and I think that is enough for me.

The last time I was at the Vet Center I told my guy that I had a C&P coming up for PTSD and he said why? I said for an increase and he kind of scoffed at that.Well all I can say is

Bill

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are not getting anything from it take some time off or quit. You won't be the first one.

If you are not working you should ask for TDIU 100% and Social Security.

• HadIt.com Elder

I went to the local Vet Center back in 2001. All they wanted was to fill slots for group therapy. There were a couple of guys who had been 100% for 20 years and one guy who was trying to get an increase. I got a letter from the couselor that said I had severe and chronic PTSD. The VA did not even look at it. It did not help me in any way therapy-wise and did not help me get an increase. I have not gotten "therapy" from the VA in years. I just get pills.

To my knowledge the VA does not really do therapy except groups. I went to a private group for years. The psychologist carefully screened those for the group, so that the people who could not benefit from group were not in it. Psychotherapy is an art. The VA can't do it in my opinion. They just want to hit their numbers. It is very difficult to get real psychotherapy due to payments shedules for medicare and insurance. Medicare and insurance will pay for in-patient, but not decent reimbursement for private psychotherapy.

Maybe in Tampa, buy I had a couple of vets that went from they to St. Pete and got some good care at the VA.

The VC is not the best place for real good treatment of PTSD, but a place to get some help. The VA does have some real good one on one therapy if you can get in. There is the problem getting in to the one on one.

I went to the local Vet Center back in 2001. All they wanted was to fill slots for group therapy. There were a couple of guys who had been 100% for 20 years and one guy who was trying to get an increase. I got a letter from the couselor that said I had severe and chronic PTSD. The VA did not even look at it. It did not help me in any way therapy-wise and did not help me get an increase. I have not gotten "therapy" from the VA in years. I just get pills.

To my knowledge the VA does not really do therapy except groups. I went to a private group for years. The psychologist carefully screened those for the group, so that the people who could not benefit from group were not in it. Psychotherapy is an art. The VA can't do it in my opinion. They just want to hit their numbers. It is very difficult to get real psychotherapy due to payments shedules for medicare and insurance. Medicare and insurance will pay for in-patient, but not decent reimbursement for private psychotherapy.

Bill

i feel you i have been seeing a shrink now most times 2 time a month and this started in 2000 and i have nothing more to say... i am just burned out talking about anything i finally stoped this last july the doctor calls me and says i missed you ... i said dont take this wrong but you have drained me of all my thoughts and i just dread coming to your office as i have nothing to say ...

The last time I was at the Vet Center I told my guy that I had a C&P coming up for PTSD and he said why?

I said for an increase and he kind of scoffed at that.Well all I can say is

Bill

Perhaps the C&P examiner found something in the VAMC records where your provider you see every

two months, mentions something you spoke with them about that you had also spoken to the Vet Center

provider about - and this is what HELPED to support your increase, from 50-70%.

Chances are very high that, if there were NOTHING in the record to support a higher rating,

then it wouldn't of happened and been increased from 50% to 70%.

JMHO