VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Increase Submitted 12/10/10

Rate this question

usmcgirl

Question

Yup...we are approaching the year mark. I have been to all of my appointments, therapy, and group therapy. they have played with my meds countless times. I have no idea if i am coming or going half the time. I don't go out in public unless it is for an appointment or for the most basic of needs and even then it is with my service dog. I have insomnia 3 or 4 days a week. I don't have any contact with anyone other than hadit and my shrink or the people i see weekly in my group. i am going to an intensive inpatient treatment center as soon as they approve the application according to my doc. I called the 1800 number to see what was going on with my claim and it finally moved into decision phase 11/17 after i argued with them that they had infact recieved the hospital records that the RO said they didn't get because the hospital faxed them back in april with a conformation sheet and the jackasses didn't bother to actually read my records. i said to him "i have a copy of my file - which is the same as what you have - so how is it that my copy differs from yours when you are the ones who sent me this file?" So I faxed them myself to the RO just to be sure. I don't understand how these people can sit on something for a year and say they have everything they need then - opps we don't - then kick it back and play the waiting game all over again. i mean we are already hurt...why add insult to injury.Now it will be another 12 months at the raters waiting for them. and this is the 2nd time we are at this phase. last time they kicked it back for needing more evidence for things i didn't even claim on my claim. WTF? i read about other people waiting months and years and that just fills me with more anger and dread.

Edited by usmcgirl

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I wish you the best. I have not had any luck getting anyone on the phone lately, but my Attorney told me a week ago that he would call the Houston RO and find out what is happening to my claims and appeals. My request for an Increase for PTSD was submitted Sept 2010.

Papa

I got my C-File in a box today. NONE of my mental health records from the VA are in it. things from my primary care are in there from the VA but none from mental health. why is that?

usmcgirl,

Can not answe your question, but not surprised. When, I got my box, I had other Veteran's paperwork mixed in with mine. Actually called some of them, and they had been waiting for that paperwork. Now, we no how our stuff gets lost.

Papa

Papa - I have heard of many cases like that! Talk about a breach in privacy! Ironically the person that was working my claim and gathering the information from the other hospitals left her phone number in there....I should have called her! But I just called the 1800 number and they told me that the raters have that information but they cannot include it in copies of my C-File through the mail due to the nature of my PTSD. I have copies of all of my mental health records. I was worried that the raters would not be able to see that information...ugh! they should have put a note in there that they have my MH records but couldn't send them through the mail the turds!

• HadIt.com Elder

Often you have to have mental health records released to a doctor. However, I did not think that applied to a C-File. This must be some new dumb idea from the VA. I think you have absolute right to all your medical records. I have found other vet's records mixed in with mine as well. 6 months of mental health records from the Army have disappeared or were never included in my SMR's. Fortunately, I had lots of records that were not lost.