VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Crdp Question

Rate this question

COOL BREEZE

Question

I am not sure how many folks here are entitled to this. According to what the statement is below- If my new VA disability pay is more than my military pension, then I won't get much retro. They have stated paying me for 70%, which is more than my retirement pay. I thought once you were over 50 % you get most of it. Any thoughts.

"It is also important to note that the amount you receive cannot exceed the sum of your actual military retirement pay and VA Disability Compensation added together." What does this mean?

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I called the military pay today, and they informed me they are showing I am now at 70%(information was received from the VA) The rep hung up on me before I asked if that is all the VA needed to was to inform them before I get any retro.

Very bad customer service.

Cool Breeze,

Can you post the number you used to contact the DFAS rep? I was awarded 80% back in July and have yet to see one penny. I, just like you am a miitary retiree and should fall under CRDP but for some reason despite many inquires have yet to get paid. When you post you were paid within 10 days of decision and I am sitting on 130+ since decision there seems to be a big problem. I would like to call the DFAS rep with a few questions.

Thanks

Call 1-800-827-1000, select the option for crdp and press 0 to speak to a rep! The process has changed. Once you get a decision from the VA and you are a military retiree they send a audit to the military so they can audit your pay account to see if the military owes you any money. They only do this once a month. The process may take a few months. Once the audit is complete, the military pay section DFAS will send this information back to the VA. If you are 50 % of more you qualify for CRDP. Less then 50 %, the military subtracts the VA amount the pay you as you can't receive both until you are rated at 50 %.

In my case, once I got 50 % last year they paid me within 2 weeks all my retro. However the VA has changed the process once again.

They want to make sure the military doesn't owe you any money and that you qualify for CRDP.

If you don't qualify, then you will have a different issue. They are paying me the 70 % already as I got the the difference on a separate transaction on December.

You need to call ASAP as I believe someone screwed up and dropped the ball. The military has already received the request from the VA, and have it on record I am 70%.

THe military processes all the VA audits as one batch, not piece meal. Shame on them.

Let me know what happens!!