VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C And P Exams Monday Just Got Notice Questionaire Yesterday 2 Days To Prepare

Rate this question

Capt.

Question

Hello All,,,, Well after 5 years I got a call Thurday afternoon informing me of C and P exams by QTC not 2 miles from my house. They will be for Coronary Pulmonary Disease, Upper Respiratory Infection , and Gastroenteritis.

OOOhhhhhh yes they said on a Thursday that your C and P for these will be this MONDAY at 11 am. Please bring in the paper work we are fedx to you. I said ....isn't this a little short to prepare for it and how are you going to get me my questionaire??????? The kind dear gentleman said we were FEDX and it got here Yesterday afternoon. I hope some of us a paying attention to not getting notice for a c and p just a day or two before you get it , so you could easily miss it. I asked him what I would have been out of town for a 2 or 3 day period and he not to miss a C and P. Its like the VA is trying to make sure I don't know about it until the very last second. Still hours of work later and I am not sure if I am ready. So after pulling all files out and trying to see what went where and how to answer questions with backed up Doctors statements and Environmental Scientist that opined with Nexus on these and added the Forts Medical records and Cardio recent reports.......I am posting them for you to see and hopefully.......

`1. Did I put too much on the questionaire? I don't want to put alot of irrelevance that does not support their question. I want to make sure I answer and support my claims with good doctors statement.

2. I did it last night and was so tired I could hardly right from the reports but hope all can read it and give opinions.

3. There may still be a chance to change it if it looks like I butchered it before the Monday meeting so if you see a change nescessary then let me know.

4. THE BIG ONE IS at the bottom page 2B where the PULMONARY HYPERTENSION IS LISTED ....if I can service connect the Restricted lung/COPD/Upper Respiratory Infection which I listed the ones from Fort ALL 6 URI's were recorded , then VA says PHTN is 100 % P and T all by itself. I don't want to blow it so PLEASE HOPPY , Carlie , Berta , John, Pete, Sharon, Jbass who have knowledge of Pulmonary ,,,,just chime on in here and quick ....The exam is Monday morning.

5 Also the exan will cover my gastroenteritis so help with that Paragraph if you can.

6. I have another ENT in another VAMC about 160 miles from here and that is in 2 weeks and on tinnitus , right ear infection and hearing loss. At least that one I can have some paperwork ready to go but not wanting the long drive and they are paying for that one.

As always I am tired , stressed out because of the time alotted ,,,,,just 3 days and hopefully we will get a favorable ruling . I dont enjoy having the lung issues with the Pul Hypertension but maybe we can get the rating from the Report and the Diagnosis of it posted here. Once again thank you folks. I thought this day would never get here. I am never up this late and the ambian is really coming on now.But I had to let my HADIT SISTERS AND BROTHERS CHEW on it for awhile with me. NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless. C.C.

post-2270-0-93449600-1322988098_thumb.jp

post-2270-0-26848800-1322988154_thumb.jp

post-2270-0-41781000-1322988175_thumb.jp

post-2270-0-94020400-1322988199_thumb.jp

post-2270-0-86625100-1322988225_thumb.jp

post-2270-0-18155600-1322988258_thumb.jp

Edited by Capt.Contaminate

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Hello Boomer ,Berta and Pete.... THANK you all for those helpful replys.

Yes Berta ,,, The AO part on their unfortuanetly was also used in the NOD under Gastro and Restricted Lung Disease and URI lumped in the other chem statement . It won't help and I really don't like it in there but Dr. Bash kinda worded it in with another part of the claim. However my records are good and show continous problems and I have records showing my medications for the cough producing sputem for 10-15 years. (Some records that were earlier were destroyed in the fire). Since 2001 though my meds list and the test are there. Including that Granuloma report showing an old URI infection . Since I am on direct exposure and have a DRO with my lawyer already listing the NOD Notice to reconsider she believes the evidence will speak for itself and the way she addressed the VA denial . Hmmmmmmmmmm , I feel deep down that the VA is the VA and anything can happen at Regional. Now the BVA ,,,thats different . I will give a report next week or 2 if I can find out anything.

I am not going to be pushy but I am going to try and help the Docs connect the dots with the SMRs from the Fort and the continuity of the diseases and the medication/treatment records that have been ongoing. Yes Berta that environmental report is probably from the same Gentleman , you are thinking about and who Jerrel knows well and he also was stationed there and has a lung disease. He was SC'd for it. I am not using his opinion for the AO as the heart has not come up for C and Ps yet , only what is on the report questionaire with the COPD/Restricted Lung Disease/URI, Gastroenteritis.

Yes , James Cripps was very thorough with his claim and propelling it thru. Also he had some extreme by chance luck meetings with key personnel that is a story in itself. I have used some of his evidence from Dr. Arnold Schecter in my claim concerning the issues with CAD/Athero/IHD.

Hello Pete,,,,, I used all my SMR's to list those dates , and only what I wrote on the questionaire is word for word from the Doctors reports , and from the Nexus statements which they have in the CFile and I will have them in my hand to show the Examining Doctor if he will let me. However once he sees that I have them it will be easier to just read it off the questionaire with dates and who was the author and what they said.

Hello Boomer , thanks for the encouragement on the ENT. Yes I already have a test showing Moderate to Severe ENT 2 years ago. I also have supporting documents and MOS to pull this one thru. Actually even my lawyer and I agree this one will be hard to get out off. I will let everyone know about this one. I also have a SMR from 1972 showing severe ear infection and forced drainage....plus several more since including one just 90 days ago which almost put me back in the hospital and listed in the Progress notes and treatment records.

OK,,,,,,, NOW FOR THE BIG ONE...........jbasser is going to be back and he is our Pulmonary man ........ BUT if you go back and look at the one report from the CARDIO doctors they listed SEVERE PULMONARY HYPERTENSION....... if service connected with anything from the lung issues then it is 100 percent P and T....... That is straight from the C and P worksheet and the 38CFR/M21s. I am not happy with this diagnosis and wish I did not have it because of the problems I am having and the seriousness of the disease. But is also looks like the one that VA is going to have a tough time with as the inservice problems , continuing problems and treatment with medications, the granuloma report/environmental sick bldg syndrome report and medication list are going to be hard for the VA to ignore. On this one I believe there is no way out especially at the BVA level.

Maybe some of you could reread that and comment on Pul HTN. The report is there in the questionaire.

I am not happy as to the VA's timeline on shortness. There really has not been alot of sleep over here trying to get ready for it with the records and questionaire. I am just glad I was not out of town on this one. 3 days to prepare is ridiculous but we know the VA could really have a field day if I could not make the appointment , which is what they want in the long run. Imagaine a 5 yr wait for a C and P and then miss it. Typical Wickedness from some that deviseth wicked imaginations.

Also as you can see from the C and P Questionaire I posted it is different from the ones on the VA C and P printouts. Any thoughts on this???? As always NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

(Some records that were earlier were destroyed in the fire"

But you have some SMRs that were not burned?

I used to volunteer for one of the local state vet reps.I was handed 3 SMR pages a vet obtained from the RO ,who received them when he opened his claim, and told that the rest were burned up in the St Louis Fire.

Where is the rest of them? I incredulously asked the rep- and the rep said again these were the only ones not destroyed in the fire.

They had no char marks or water marks on them. I told the rep I didnt believe the firemen

had time to pull only a few pages out of a SMR record during a catastrophic fire.

I told the vet to send a SF 180 to the NARA.

He got back his entire SMRS.

I have other SMRs here that VA said were destroyed in the fire.

One vet enlisted years AFTER the fire.VA said his SMRs were all burned in the ST Louis fire. DUH!!!!!

I strongly urge anyone who the VA states to that their SMRs were burned at St Louis, to double check on that with an SF 180 because sometimes it is downright BS on VA's part.

Particularly USAF vets, as many AF records were destroyed but not all of them.

Edited by Berta

Hello Berta, Doctor Bash's report does bring up the GERD issue ,,,,"this patient has chronic diarrhea without identifiable cause.... The diarrhea without diagnosis makes it likely due to his past service time exposure to radition because his record does not include a more likely etiology see exhibit f. this is from the NOD

1. Inservice medical treatment of Gastroenteritis.

2. It is medically established that Mr. XXX suffers from gastointestinal disorders.

3 Regardless of whether the incident in service is related to the current condition, reliable nexus opinions have been provided and have not been disputed by VA medical providers. (Dr. Bash statement in red above.)

From NOD ,

Reliable nexus opinions have been provided and have not been disputed by VA Medical providers. addtionally , please obtain and review all of Mr. Sheka's VA Pulmonary records. They show various conservative treatments for allergies or asthma with NO SUCCESS. A report by Dr. Hogburngood from November xxx notes "chronic productive cough , unclear etiology..." Please also note his most recent pulmonary exam report which should note that granuloma on his right lung is from an "old infection"

Berta , Dr. Bash on his report addressed the numerous chemicals having a "synergistic" effect or working together.

When I said a fire. Part of my older records from the 80's and 90's and uptil 2003 were in the attic when it caught fire and were only private doctors not military. I did not loose them in the St. Louis episode. Berta. Thank you so much for your diligence and checking and trying to help me. You have been there with me from the start of this battle and now Monday is the start of what could be some type of decision favorable . It also means the start of many other C and Ps. As always Berta if you see something I missed or need to address, please let me know.

Dr. Bash has told me that he will help me with my respiratory opinions because he is familiar with my case and has seen the records and can connect the dots when and if we need another Nexus for the Lung and Respiratory issues. That may not be necessary as of yet with all I have, it is an important one if I need it.

Thank you again Berta, NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

I have to withdraw from further comment Bill.

Gastroenteritis is a different medical condition from GERD.

If you or he meant it is due to 'radiation exposure'-

those claims are extremely difficult to succeed in.

There are far too any exposure issues here for me to really have any opinions at all.I am now completely lost.

"Dr. Bash has told me that he will help me with my respiratory opinions because he is familiar with my case and has seen the records and can connect the dots when and if we need another Nexus for the Lung and Respiratory issues. That may not be necessary as of yet with all I have, it is an important one if I need it."

It is good to know Dr. Bash will help you again if needed.

Hello Berta,,,,, yes I was wondering about the Gerd question and just thought you had it confused with the Gastro one. Yes the complications of this are a bit much. I wish I only had a couple of "simple" diseases. This is not what I wanted for sure. I do have 4 other doctors Nexus and opinions that we have not even posted just to try and keep this thing sensible. Over 12 years of being sick has accumulated alot of medical cost and treatments. I still want to thank you about your help though. I am hoping that I don't have to use Dr. Bash again as it looks like I have more than enough evidence but just as Jerrel has been dealing with so long a problems from being at the same place there are many others like us from there. Some have already passed away that were there.

The AO/Herbicide problems have not been scheduled yet for C and Ps but they are coming soon. Thank you again. NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

• HadIt.com Elder

I think it looks fine. Just rest today and be ready for them Monday. Getting these short notice exams is a bunch of crap. I got phone calls like that giving me a few days notice.