VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Not Sure If This Is Good News

Rate this question

jokerwaswild

Question

Hello, I attached a letter I received in the mail regarding my claim. I was shocked I recieved any answer this early. A littie back ground I am already 40% service connected for Scar, Lumbar Strain, knee condition, and Acne. I submitted my claim in April 2011 for PTSD from the GulF War, Sleep Apnea secondary to PTSD, and a increase for my back. I knew with this many claims, I wouldn't here from the VA for at least a year. I have been checking my ebenifits account daily and the strangest thing happen. On Thursday ebenifits said my claim was in the decision phase. When I checked it friday, it went to notification phase. The next thing I know it, I recieved a letter from the DAV in the mail on Friday stating I received a increase for my back, service connected me for PTSD 30%, and lower extremity 20%. It also mentions Sleep Apnea deferered along with two other claims. Any way, I went back into ebenifits on Saturday to check again, this time it said my claim is in the development phase (WTF). Not sure what is going on.

I attached the letter for anyone to view and comment. The DAV also sent a letter saying I may be entitled to life insurance and to complete form 29-4364 and 21-8940. Not sure what is going on here

Thanks in advance for your comments

Joker

post-11875-0-74691100-1323051240_thumb.j

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

This is great!

"The DAV also sent a letter saying I may be entitled to life insurance and to complete form 29-4364 and 21-8940."

Did they get the completely 21-8940 from you yet?

Maybe with the Nehmer claims pealing down, the VA is starting to move on other claims a little faster.

It sounds to me like your ducks were in a row and armed with very good evidence.

I think I misunderstood...

you just got the TDIU form?

Make sure you refer them under # 25 Remarks to a separate page which includes any info you feel will help the TDIU claim such as any side affects from your SC meds that would hinder employment (do not take and drive,causes confusion, drowsiness etc),

the side affects of all meds can be printed off from any good Med drug web site.if Voc Rehab ever turned you down solely due due to your SCs tell the that too.

ALso under # 18 Check yes and apply for SSDI.

If you receive SSDI now, and it is solely for one or more of your SCS,tell the that too under Remarks # 25.

Make sure your name, address and C file number are on anything you enclosed regarding # 24, sign, copy and send it with a PO tracking slip to make sure they get it.

And give copy to your DAV rep too.

Berta, thanks for responding. I am not sure what you mean by Nehmer claim? What do you mean

Joker

This is great!

"The DAV also sent a letter saying I may be entitled to life insurance and to complete form 29-4364 and 21-8940."

Did they get the completely 21-8940 from you yet?

Maybe with the Nehmer claims pealing down, the VA is starting to move on other claims a little faster.

It sounds to me like your ducks were in a row and armed with very good evidence.

Berta, yes the form came with the DAV letter. One letter had what was awarded, the other letter for life insurance, and two other letter 21-8940 and 29-4364 to fill out and return.

joker

I think I misunderstood...

you just got the TDIU form?

Make sure you refer them under # 25 Remarks to a separate page which includes any info you feel will help the TDIU claim such as any side affects from your SC meds that would hinder employment (do not take and drive,causes confusion, drowsiness etc),

the side affects of all meds can be printed off from any good Med drug web site.if Voc Rehab ever turned you down solely due due to your SCs tell the that too.

ALso under # 18 Check yes and apply for SSDI.

If you receive SSDI now, and it is solely for one or more of your SCS,tell the that too under Remarks # 25.

Make sure your name, address and C file number are on anything you enclosed regarding # 24, sign, copy and send it with a PO tracking slip to make sure they get it.

And give copy to your DAV rep too.

The 3 new Agent Orange presumptives added many thousands of claims to the stack in the past year.

Nehmer claims were those that VA had denied in the past,that came under the special Nehmer Review since last Aug 2010.

Some of these claims were decades old but had to be re adjudicated.

Also since the retro must be paid to someone, the VA has had problems in some cases finding the next of kin, if the veteran is deceased by now.

It all has had impact on other claims in the system-that is what I meant by the Nehmer claims are pealing down as they have done all but about 11% of them.

The VA deadline was Oct 31,2011 to have them completed by and they failed to meet that deadline so are trying to get them finished and this will allow

more VARO employees to handle the regular claims.

Got it, should I wait until the official letter from the VA to submit said forms from DAV? or should I have this in the mail today?

Joker

The 3 new Agent Orange presumptives added many thousands of claims to the stack in the past year.

Nehmer claims were those that VA had denied in the past,that came under the special Nehmer Review since last Aug 2010.

Some of these claims were decades old but had to be re adjudicated.

Also since the retro must be paid to someone, the VA has had problems in some cases finding the next of kin, if the veteran is deceased by now.

It all has had impact on other claims in the system-that is what I meant by the Nehmer claims are pealing down as they have done all but about 11% of them.

The VA deadline was Oct 31,2011 to have them completed by and they failed to meet that deadline so are trying to get them finished and this will allow

more VARO employees to handle the regular claims.