VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Changed Rating From Mdd To Ptsd

Rate this question

Michellee

Question

I thought you could only have one Mental health rating? I was always 30% for MDD after a C%P in Apr 2011 I have received claim results that my rating is now PTSD at 100%. I am very confused about all of this including the proposal for incompetency. Believe me I am not complaining but it just doesn't seem possible. Why would I be rated for PTSD as a result for increase of my MDD? I don't understand the diagnosis and how a C&P examiner can cause my diagnosis to change when the VAMC has been treating me for Major depression. I don't understand the proposal for incompentency either. None of this makes sense to me. I asked for an increase for my MDD, I didn't realize they were going to switch it or that they could.Lets see am I fell in a 12 foot hole just about broke my neck several years before that, I was raped by SSG Dequental in the barracks across from mine. I got Gonorrhea as a result which I had to get a shot. I was new to the barracks was only 18 years old virgin and had only been there 3 months when this happen. (One incident has nothing to do with the other) Oh the only thing that happen to this Unit Star Athelete was he was immediately transfered after I told my OIC which when the incident came to light, of course he denied. All they had to do was test the infant. No charges or police was notified. I was in Germany. First duty station. Years later during I fell in 12 foot hole while on active duty, with some other soldier there is accident report. I submitted it to the VARO and I was medically boarded out as a result of the accident. So I have some issues, I will admit that. I have several thoughts going on at once. Some days I just cannot get out of bed and I make everybody's life miserable. I don't know what its like to be without physical pain. I have days where the echoing in my ears go on for days and drives me nuts and then when I pick my head up feels like the room is spinning. I have days where I can't even lift my head up from the migraine. Every day is a struggle in some form or fashion. I am not rated for any ear issues or spinning room issues. I just mention that to show that I have alot of physical issue going on and yet they increase my MDD to PTSD and then the rating. So I am confused the more I think of all of this. I have foot drop and they deny my loss of use. Yet they gave me housebound. I am just confused as a bed bug. I will never again file for anything in this life. It's just to much for me to deal with. After I go through this incompetency issue. I am done. I am confused and anxious. Should I be?

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I didnt read your entire post, but what I think the issue your are discussing is the change in diagnosis and rating. All mental health diagnosis are given one rating per VBA, so you could have PTSD, MDD and anxiety and get a 30% rating. You also could have been diagnosed with one condition in service the C & P examiner may have added or changed your diagnosis, so that will be the diagnosis the rating is based on. If anyone is given a 100% for mental VBA is required to purpose incompetency. You just need to respond to the letter and inform VBA that you are either competent or incompetent to handle your finances. Hope thishelps.

I thought you could only have one Mental health rating? I was always 30% for MDD after a C%P in Apr 2011 I have received claim results that my rating is now PTSD at 100%. I am very confused about all of this including the proposal for incompetency. Believe me I am not complaining but it just doesn't seem possible. Why would I be rated for PTSD as a result for increase of my MDD? I don't understand the diagnosis and how a C&P examiner can cause my diagnosis to change when the VAMC has been treating me for Major depression. I don't understand the proposal for incompentency either. None of this makes sense to me. I asked for an increase for my MDD, I didn't realize they were going to switch it or that they could.Lets see am I fell in a 12 foot hole just about broke my neck several years before that, I was raped by SSG Dequental in the barracks across from mine. I got Gonorrhea as a result which I had to get a shot. I was new to the barracks was only 18 years old virgin and had only been there 3 months when this happen. (One incident has nothing to do with the other) Oh the only thing that happen to this Unit Star Athelete was he was immediately transfered after I told my OIC which when the incident came to light, of course he denied. All they had to do was test the infant. No charges or police was notified. I was in Germany. First duty station. Years later during I fell in 12 foot hole while on active duty, with some other soldier there is accident report. I submitted it to the VARO and I was medically boarded out as a result of the accident. So I have some issues, I will admit that. I have several thoughts going on at once. Some days I just cannot get out of bed and I make everybody's life miserable. I don't know what its like to be without physical pain. I have days where the echoing in my ears go on for days and drives me nuts and then when I pick my head up feels like the room is spinning. I have days where I can't even lift my head up from the migraine. Every day is a struggle in some form or fashion. I am not rated for any ear issues or spinning room issues. I just mention that to show that I have alot of physical issue going on and yet they increase my MDD to PTSD and then the rating. So I am confused the more I think of all of this. I have foot drop and they deny my loss of use. Yet they gave me housebound. I am just confused as a bed bug. I will never again file for anything in this life. It's just to much for me to deal with. After I go through this incompetency issue. I am done. I am confused and anxious. Should I be?

If you look at the 100 percent rating for mental health it's hard to argue your competent and maintain the rating's soundness. I know people do. I know you should. I know I am only 50 percent mental health and I was found incompetent. Well, hopefully this helps to alleviate some stress and allows you to regain some control.