VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got My Ao Decision Today And Filed

Rate this question

Berta

Question

My decision is all wrong. They made a decision on DIC but I already get DIC.They said they cant pay me retro DIC . DUH. Of course not.I didnt file a AO IHD claim for DIC.

It says they used the veteran's c file to determine he did not have a diagnosis of IHD in his lifetime.

They didnt mention my actual AO IHD claim at all and didnt use any evidence I sent to them (in MY claims file and not in the Veteran's C file)

No mention either of the pending CUE claim I filed in 2004 that was put under Nehmer as well.

The veteran's IHD diagnosis came from me, a lay person and then from the General COunsel and VACO Cardio docs when I won a wrongful death claim. The very fact that Rod was not diagnosed or treated for IHD in his lifetime is one of the reasons (there were many) that I won the wrongful death and 1151 claim.

I laid this out for them, with extensive evidence and yet they failed to even consider what my actual IHD claim was for as well as the fact that when someone is malpracticed on by VA, those disabilities must be rated.

I am absolutely livid and contacted NVLSP as well as the VA -within a service complaint.

I expected the decision to have errors but nothing like this.

I wont be around here much until this gets resolved.

Every single f--king decision I ever got has been wrong.But I overcame ALL of those decision by fighting back with evidence.

If they are WRONG and you know it- you MUST fight back.

I guess I have to do that again. This time however it will be a different tactical maneuver.

I also suggested in my complaint via Iris that I seem to be the victim of a new Shreddergate -

because my actual claims (Aug ,2010 and CUE of 2004 that the VA told me were all in Philadelphia under Nehmer for this readhudication - as well as my extensive C file that holds all the evidence they needed for a proper award -

plus the echibit list and copies I sent to them just to make sure they had it-

none of those claims were ever mentioned in this decision- the decision was based solely on a few records in my husband's old C file from 17 years ago.

The odd thing is this decision opened a big can of worms regarding some FTCA issues the OGC couldn't give me a straight answer on.

That part of my next battle will be fun.

I am sending the Sec a formal complaint by week's end with a question-

If these raters do not have the ability to read -how the heck do they get employed by the VA?

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta, Thanks for taking time to explain Nehmer to me! ~Wings

P.S. The mystery below definately requires a follow-up on your part! Go get 'em Berta!!

I just found out something extraordinary as to what really happened that caused the ludicrous decision I just got. However this news came from the VA so it will take me time to see if it is true or just another blatant lie. In any event I have not been denied at all for what my claim was for but I firmly believe my 3 Nehmer claims and my entire C file has been destroyed by the VA. I have charged them with this in my complaint because after reading my decision ,any reasonable mind could assume that -so I am holding to that unless they CUE the decision and do it right.