VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Basser Is Real Mad

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

They did it again. They billed my private insurance company $2050.00 for an MRI on a service connected condition.

They continuously rip off my insurance and cause my rates to increase.

If they do it to me then they must be ripping off everyones insurance.

How do we stop it?

Basser

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Dispute it through your insurance company. Send them proof you were treated for SC condition. This happens to me as well. The VA knows they are cheating you but they just keep doing it. I have been to congress person with no result. The company who pays the claim should seek reimbursement. I call BCBS and beg them to go after the VA.

well I can join you on that, I had an appointment to see my VA doctor and yes I am SC 50%. My Doctor made the appoinment to check my BP which she had prescribed BP medication. So should my insurance company BCBS be billed $198.00 for that service ? also I was told I had a co pay of $20.00 will the VA bill me?

Tell them that you don't have any other medical insurance on yourself. A buddy was successful in removing his insurance from his VA file. That is the reason I will not give them my insurance information. Good Luck

• HadIt.com Elder

Tell them that you don't have any other medical insurance on yourself. A buddy was successful in removing his insurance from his VA file. That is the reason I will not give them my insurance information. Good Luck

I like the way you think! Good idea!

• HadIt.com Elder

I got into this fight as well. The VA was charging "co-pay" for drugs that they should not have been. I managed to avoid the visit "co-pay" issues by stating in writing that the VA was not my primary care provider. Thus, VA care was for an SC'd condition or things that were medically related to it. Even so it took some time and effort to fight with the VA and recoup the accumulated co-pay that was incorrectly charged. The VA has written statements and guides that said one thing, and the VAMCs were ignoring them and charging co-pay anyway.

The runaround was unbelievable when I started to pursue recovery of almost a thousand in improperly charged co-pay. The hassle involved the VARO, the VAMC, and "financial".

Each was pointing at the other. Things started to move when I requested (on advice) an "insurance audit" from the VAMC. Even after they started refunding the previously charged "co-pay", they were still charging co-pay and a "service fee" for non payment of the refunded co-pay. ??? That was refunded as well, eventually. Explaining what was still going on to multiple VA individuals was harder than getting the refund checks issued.

They did it again. They billed my private insurance company $2050.00 for an MRI on a service connected condition.

They continuously rip off my insurance and cause my rates to increase.

If they do it to me then they must be ripping off everyones insurance.

How do we stop it?

Basser