VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Imo-Psychologist Or Psychiatrist

Rate this question

scscrewed

Question

Which is better for mental health IMO? I may never file for P and T, but I am going to start lining the ducks up, and, as such, I would like an IMO to make an accurate diagnosis of my service connected mental disorder, instead of the blanket adjustment disorder with depressed mood that has been placed upon me.

And, does anyone know of a good one in Southern Ohio? That doesn't cost a fortune.

• HadIt.com Elder

That's what I'll work on. I have the guy that saw me years ago, so maybe I could find him. The reality is I don't know when the crap will hit the fan and I will need to be ready for the new claim stuff. I am 100 percent but not P and T, but I am not scheduled for any future exams. So, who knows. Because, I just got out of prison I figured they could just drop a c and p on me to see everything is kosher or they may not.

I have chronic adjustment disorder with depressed mood as my service connected mental health disability, but I want it changed to dysthymic disorder with major depressive episodes. Who know's. I need to get everything together, so that can be done. And find out where the good doctor is now at.

I also have a social worker that may write something up for me.

I may have years before I need to do this. I may have months. I know the VA is very backlog, so I don't think it is happening anytime soon. We'll see.

IMHO, If it's not broken, don't fix it.

I am not changing anything. I am just worried that if the do re-evaluation that they'll say my major depression isn't service connected, but who knows. And, I was trying to be an attorney, but I had a break down. I was in voc-rehab and I tried to kill myself number two and I failed a semester, but they let me stay in. Then I failed another semester, because I was in the ward for too long, but they let me stay; then I went to prison, and I haven't said anything to them. I don't think they'll be to amendable to allowing me try that again.

I really wanted to be a lawyer, but until I get this crap under control I cannot do it. I tried to get into college, but I was denied admission due to the felony, so who knows. If I can't get a hold of the major depressive episodes and panic attacks I won't be doing much other than looking at a computer screen.

In another life I scored a 179 on my lsat. Now, I do good to get five days where I don't think about death. It will get better.

• HadIt.com Elder

I am not changing anything. I am just worried that if the do re-evaluation that they'll say my major depression isn't service connected, but who knows. And, I was trying to be an attorney, but I had a break down. I was in voc-rehab and I tried to kill myself number two and I failed a semester, but they let me stay in. Then I failed another semester, because I was in the ward for too long, but they let me stay; then I went to prison, and I haven't said anything to them. I don't think they'll be to amendable to allowing me try that again.

I really wanted to be a lawyer, but until I get this crap under control I cannot do it. I tried to get into college, but I was denied admission due to the felony, so who knows. If I can't get a hold of the major depressive episodes and panic attacks I won't be doing much other than looking at a computer screen.

In another life I scored a 179 on my lsat. Now, I do good to get five days where I don't think about death. It will get better.

Dear Veteran, But you are service-connected for depression. Depressed mood is depression. Keep up your med refills for your depression and depressed mood. Time to take care of you, and not to worry about the complexities of the DSM ... The VA is paying you 100%. They are only going to propose a reduction if you become gainfully employed, and sustain that employment. What are you going to do with your spare time? You can help other vets ;-) ~Wings

Yeah, I had five years of spare time in the state pen. I was on depression meds for two years of it, but in 08 the state hit a fiscal crisis fired the shrink and kicked us off our meds. I got out sixty days ago and I am back on my meds, and I have a suicide attempt since I've been out. Not proud of it, but it happened, and I know the VA doctor that they are sending me to is freaked because he is trying to pawn me off. He brought he's kids into the things and he is going to see me on his lunches, because he doesn't have time to see me. But, he cares. I guess.

You're right. I have depressed mood on there. I shouldn't worry about it. But, you know that I that anxiety thing too. So, I worry about the darndest things. I am scheduled 100 percent so I can get a job, but I am a felon, and I a, wheelchair bound most of the time, so no jobs for me, because felons work construction or fast food or operate as stick up men or rob dope boys, and all of those are out of the question.

I will try to add my humble two cents.And, I am feeling less depressed, and I think it is because I am four week into my anti-depressant, so that's good. All I have to do is get the pain under control, and then work from there.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yeah, I had five years of spare time in the state pen. I was on depression meds for two years of it, but in 08 the state hit a fiscal crisis fired the shrink and kicked us off our meds. I got out sixty days ago and I am back on my meds, and I have a suicide attempt since I've been out. Not proud of it, but it happened, and I know the VA doctor that they are sending me to is freaked because he is trying to pawn me off. He brought he's kids into the things and he is going to see me on his lunches, because he doesn't have time to see me. But, he cares. I guess.

You're right. I have depressed mood on there. I shouldn't worry about it. But, you know that I that anxiety thing too. So, I worry about the darndest things. I am scheduled 100 percent so I can get a job, but I am a felon, and I a, wheelchair bound most of the time, so no jobs for me, because felons work construction or fast food or operate as stick up men or rob dope boys, and all of those are out of the question.

I will try to add my humble two cents.And, I am feeling less depressed, and I think it is because I am four week into my anti-depressant, so that's good. All I have to do is get the pain under control, and then work from there.

I'm glad you're feeling a little better. Adjust your meds til you get just right. One day at a time. You did your time, you're a free man now. You can get some help, and start having a little fun once in awhile ;-) Get a cat, or a service-dog ;-) Apply for the VA's ILS (independant living skills) program, and get the VA to buy you a camera or wood-working tools, or law books? Think possible. ~Wings

• HadIt.com Elder

If your rating says no future exams scheduled then that is an indication you are P&T. Ask for vocational rehabilitation. Tell them you want to be a lawyer who sues the VA for malpractice.

Good one John ;-) LOL

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use