VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Decision Letter

Rate this question

Hollis

Question

well I got letter from the VA today. They said I did not respond back to a letter they wrote me 8/9/11 there fore my claim was denied and final. I never got a letter from the VA to respond to. But here is the clinker, I never appied for any of them, my VA Dr must have written a request. I do know she asked a lot of question about my MOS job while in Viet Nam.I was a K9 handler/point man. However, I got an appointment to attend PTSD group session, which I did attend. I also ask for an appointment to see a head dr.(still waiting on that). I will go to my local VSO Monday and see what is going on and file a CUE. Any suggestions on what I need to ask /say or do? THANKS

Edited by Hollis

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

well I got letter from the VA today. They said I did not respond back to a letter they wrote me 8/9/11 there fore my claim was denied and final. I never got a letter from the VA to respond to. But here is the clinker, I never appied for any of them, my VA Dr must have written a request. I do know she asked a lot of question about my MOS job while in Viet Nam.I was a K9 handler/point man. However, I got an appointment to attend PTSD group session, which I did attend. I also ask for an appointment to see a head dr.(still waiting on that). I will go to my local VSO Monday and see what is going on and file a CUE. Any suggestions on what I need to ask /say or do? THANKS

HolyCow, If you never recieved notice, appeal that decision and tell them they must have sent it to the wrong address, some other veteran. If they never sent you Notice, the claim is definately not final --and remains pending. Think Due Process rights. I always thought the veteran had to actually SIGN their claims. I know a VA doctor can send evidence to support an "informal claim", but that informal claim has to become a formal alized with th veteran's signature. ~Wings

Hollis,this is just my guess and opinion.after reading some of your post,i see you had a C&P on 11/21/2011 for increase for service connected ptsd and when, schedule a C&P va uasually mail a "VCAA NOTICE TO RESPONSE LETTER" telling you what they have received from you and what they have done and the information they need from you,this must have been the letter they send you on 8/9/2011.So my question to you is,when did you get the call of letter from VA scheduling you for a C&P? also could you download your decision letter,so hadit can better help you.THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE TO YOUR COUNTRY!

mobie16r

Hollis,this is just my guess and opinion.after reading some of your post,i see you had a C&P on 11/21/2011 for increase for service connected ptsd and when, schedule a C&P va uasually mail a "VCAA NOTICE TO RESPONSE LETTER" telling you what they have received from you and what they have done and the information they need from you,this must have been the letter they send you on 8/9/2011.So my question to you is,when did you get the call of letter from VA scheduling you for a C&P? also could you download your decision letter,so hadit can better help you.THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE TO YOUR COUNTRY!

mobie16r

Hi Mobie16r, I know I said I had a C&P,(my mistake) however it wasn't, it was just a group session. I have had a session with my regular VA doctor on my high blood pressure when the the PTSD came up and she asked me several questions and then told me yes I quilfied for PTSD. Shortly there after I got an appointment to the MH building, there I was put into a group session. After the meeting I aske DR marti for a appointment with the head DR. Then I got this letter, no to worried about it I will go to my local VSO on Monday and we will work it out. WELL I HOPE SO!!! Once again thanks for your reply and concern.