VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ao Win For Cmdr Bob's Brother

Rate this topic

Commander Bob

• HadIt.com Elder

My older brother was the kind of vet that never had anything to do with the VA. He was a well educated professional, and was not interested in the VA. He had served in the Brown Water Navy on the rivers of south Vietnam.

Actually, at the same time, I also had another Brother serving in the Marine Corp at Da Nang during that time. When they heard that I got orders to go to the war zone, they both extend to keep me from being deployed.

To make a long story short, I kinda screwed up their plans when I signed a DOD form 1049 waiver allowing me to go to the war zone along with my Army light weapons infantry company. So, we all were in the war zone together at the same time. For many years I felt guilty about my older brothers' unnecessary extension of their tours of duty on my behalf. After the war, I was the brunt of our war story jokes about how I caused them to spend extra tours in country.

For some time now, I have prodded, urged, pushed and help my oldest brother to file for AO related disability.

I am pleased to report last week he won his claim with a 60% rating and a nice retro. Great feeling & and so close to home... Merry Christmas Bro.

Edited by Commander Bob

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Thank you for helping another Veteran. I also had 2 brothers who served and tried to help both. Moderate success with one.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use