VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Big Brown Envelope Arrived !

Rate this question

Commander Bob

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

On Saint Nicholas Day, December 6th, eight months after my formal DRO hearing date was rescheduled because the VA mailed my "Notice to Appear" to the wrong Address, causing a "failure to notify" violation. I received the big brown envelope, that we are all so familiar with.

There was no mention of a rescheduling of the DRO hearing that they screwed up. Only yet another standard VACC package. I should have known better, however, It still brought me down after I opened it, knowing that justice has once again been delayed in my claim.

My case is unique because if could affect thousands of pre 1980 PTSD claims. I have reached the conclusion that I am now willing to wait till hell freezes over to wrench the justice this claim deserves. Instead of checking the box asking for an immediate decision. I checked the box asking for more time. I then requested a copy of every document and file they have on me. I am prepared to take them to the mat on this one. Through the bogus BVA, & COVA and to a real Fed Court system, if need be. I only wish I could sue for punitive damages also...

I'll keep you posted.

C.B.

Edited by Commander Bob

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

So sorry too hear that Commander Bob, Contact your Senator. If punitive damages were possible, our government would surly be bankrupt for the way the VA has treated so many vets.

David

• HadIt.com Elder

Hang in there Bob the worst of all VA excuses is what it means if they had to change and more Veterans would be service connected. After all what are they in business for it not to help Veterans who have earned benefits?

Guest terrysturgis

CB, a couple of days ago Berta's claim got the big shuffel, now yours. As I said to her, the VA's best shot to get you to go away. I also infered not to give up. Same goes for you, please. Terry