VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

State Property Taxes

In the great state of Texas, once you are a 100%. You don't have to pay property taxes, If I the veteran cease to live. Does my wife still receive that tax benifit?

Thanks

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They will still get the benefit, as a new law was just pasted. Also, while you must be 100% to get ALL the property tax paid for, you get can a reduction in your property tax here in Texas based upon your level of disability percentage. My normal property tax would be $2,000.00, and based on 50% disability my property tax is $1,200.00. Next year it should go down some more, as I'm 70% now. So, Texas Vets can save some money even if they are not 100%. The best thing is this new law.

Papa

They will still get the benefit, as a new law was just pasted. Also, while you must be 100% to get ALL the property tax paid for, you get can a reduction in your property tax here in Texas based upon your level of disability percentage. My normal property tax would be $2,000.00, and based on 50% disability my property tax is $1,200.00. Next year it should go down some more, as I'm 70% now. So, Texas Vets can save some money even if they are not 100%. The best thing is this new law.

Papa

Papa, That's great in both counts 1. It will continue for my wife, 2. That your at 70%, Hell you should 200%, damn VA games.

• HadIt.com Elder

Texas is a big state and you can find liberal and conservative in many places. But if you are a fisherman there are plenty of places not into politics either.

I don't know of a politician in Texas worth the powder to blow them up something my Dad used to tell me and I agree with him now.

I do enjoy fishing for yellow bellies and small mouth bass and really anything that will bite. I just park the chair and cast the line. I use to fly fish, a lot. Can't do that these days, but I still think about when I could. Dad is talked about fly fishing from a kayak, but everywhere I always fly fished at was shallow and fast, so I don't know if that'll work out.

And I don't like any politicians, the liberal statement was --I should have put libertarian.