VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

State Property Taxes

I also have other property in the Hill Country, and ask about an exemption on that property and was told it was good for your main house only. Maybe, your county is offering something that Bexar and Blanco Counties are not. Also, Texas has a great web-site where you can actually get land loans, home improvement loans, and other benefits. I think it is through the Texas Land Commission.

Papa

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

To add to this discussion in regards to Texas Property Tax:

If you receive a 100% rating retrospectively, you can request a refund based on the retro date. My claim sat for 26 months and crossed over two tax years. When I received the decision, along with the 100% exemption request, I requested the refund based on my retrospective date and received every penny paid into property tax for the full year prior and didn't have to pay for the current year. Most HS exemptions require that you file for it prior to January 1st of the tax year, but not in this case. So if an assessors office tells you that you can't request a refund, I'd ask to speak to their boss.

Hope this helps.