VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Carnival Cruise Lines

Omg-Sue

Just a DD214 that matches the booking passengers name.

thanks Carlie, will keep that in mind when we decide to go

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year Kirvy had his bowel problem & we asked the ship's pharmacy for some Imodium AD. They picked him up from the cabin, had the Dr examine him, gave him meds & he was quarantined 2 days. Well, he got out of all that tourist stuff he dont like anyway, got room service, free movies of his choice, all the juices, waters, Sprites in the mini-bar free. Mostly he sat on the balcony & enjoyed the sea. Said that was the best vacation ever! The Dr checked on him twice a day, room steward made sure he was there frequently, & a nurse came several times. Guest Svcs called on the phone to see if he needed anything. Everything was at their expense & he was refunded all his prepaid shore excursions.

I understand the close-quarters health threat with diahrea and he loved all the attention.

Thanks Carlie, I had not called them to ask 'cause I am broke right now.....so DD214 is easy. We have been on 4 CCL cruises & had never even asked for discount except for past guest discount.

thanks for the message, we are thinking of an Alaska cruise, so is the discount offer to 100% or does any rate get you a discount?

You will love the Alaska cruise. I did that cruise in August 2010 and absolutely loved it. I have been on 3 cruises and can't wait to go again...as soon as I save up some money.

This happened to an associate of mine and her husband was also quarantined to the room.

We are doing a cruise for NY's eve - if I feel sick I will keep my mouth shut and just stay in my room

until I feel better.

Edited to add :

I emailed a copy of my DD214 and got the discount, so then I upgraded to a nice big

window and that raised my price right back up.

The only way to cruise is a veranda. I won't cruise in an inside room or a room with a window. Definately worth the extra bucks.

Brian

You will love the Alaska cruise. I did that cruise in August 2010 and absolutely loved it. I have been on 3 cruises and can't wait to go again...as soon as I save up some money.

Well bm6546 that is our plan, but first we must save up the money. I have looked into it and it is expensive. I thought I could drive my MH up and save NOT, that would be 15k and that is wayyyyy out of my budget. I am only 50% that =$770 a month. so must save much more