VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Disability Determination Service

Rate this question

Loose Cannon

Question

Hello All,

Trying to get SSDI approved has been a bigger NIGHTMARE than dealing with the VA. I'll skip the long story and try to keep this as short as possible. After having my Reconsideration Appeal denied in 8 working days I called and spoke to the woman in charge of my case at DDS and told her that I was not afforded enough time to send her my "new evidence" . The new evidence consisted of FOUR C&P exams that I had to move heaven and earth to obtain since they were done by QTC. Anyways...these reports are SOLID evidence and state all the necessary medical reasons why I am unable to work.

After speaking with her she told me to send her the Doctor reports which I did on November 9th. She said she would review the reports and if there was enough to warrant re-calling my case (maintained at my local Social Sec Field Office) she would speak with her supervisor and they would do that. I was advised to file my appeal for an ALJ Hearing within 60 days of my denial letter and I have done so, thus preserving my rights. I have called her on 3 separate occasions and she is dragging her feet to put it nicely. Last time I reached her was on December 1st and she said the reports have been on her desk since November 16th and she still hasn't looked at them yet...I am furious!!

Today I actually bypassed her and spoke with her supervisor who has no clue as to why there has been a delay. She says she will speak with my case worker who will be in the office tomorrow to discuss it. I explained that I have been patiently waiting on this woman to act since Nov 16th and that I'd appreciate a follow-up call tomorrow.

Bottom line: I need to keep a roof over my head and pay my bills- I cannot afford to stand by and wait while someone who obviously is either too busy of just doesn't give a damn warms a seat in some office hoping I'll go away. Well I'm NOT going away...Has anyone out there ever had any success at having their case "re-called" like she claims can be done?? Any idea how long this process takes?? Got to be quicker than waiting 6-12 more months for an ALJ hearing, right? No, I'm not interested in a lawyer...I've got all the evidence I need. Just need the chance to have someone to view it at DDS.

LC

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

"The new evidence consisted of FOUR C&P exams that I had to move heaven and earth to obtain since they were done by QTC. Anyways...these reports are SOLID evidence and state all the necessary medical reasons why I am unable to work."

If they determined you cannot work due to SC ,that would be good evidence for TDIU.Were these C & P s for TDIU?

Reconsideration. We won a request like that from SSA -it took about 3-4 months.

Hi Berta,

The 4 C&P exams were done for my compensation claim I submitted in Feb 2011 to the VA. I requested an increased rating for PTSD, a new claim for service-connected TBI, and TDIU. Lately, things appear to be moving at a decent speed (by VA standards) as my claim is now listed on eBenefits as "Review of Evidence" so hope to hear a positive outcome soon. I have way too much evidence and positive doctor's reports for even the VA to ignore...But still holding my breath because you never know how they will interpret my evidence.

The SSDI case is really baffling...same evidence and yesterday the DDS suggested that I may need to attend ANOTHER medical exam by their docs. I just had all these extensive C&P exams done in September so why would I need to go repeat them again...I feel this is a delay tactic on their part and that I have already submitted enough valid info/documentation and medical opinions to warrant a favorable decision according to their "blue book" requirements. I spoke with the DDS yesterday and told them that's how I felt. Their response was that the DDS supervisor would meet again today to discuss/review my 4 CP exams that I sent them and they will call me later today to inform me of what transpired...Once again, holding my breath but in no way will I give up.

Any advice or opinion?? Thanks again for listening to my never ending saga.

LC