VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

E Benifets

Rate this question

ghillbe

Question

I logged on today and the format has changed. it says my attention is needed but it dose not state exactly they want. I have read all the info they want and it is every thing that i have sent them already? how do i find what they want? it seems they are waiting on me for more info to rate my claim.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

they changed the stages of a claim. There used to be four stages -- development, decision, notification and closed.

Now there are 8 stages and I'm in "preparation for decision".

from ebenifits this means -- The Veterans Service Representative has recommended a decision, and is preparing required documents detailing that decision. If more evidence is required, the claim will be sent back in the process for more information or evidence

Before this weekend, I was in decision stage with "attention needed" = NO.

Now, I'm in "preparation for decision" with "Your Attention is needed" saying I need to show them evidence that my conditions existed since service. It has said this before so I sent an IRIS asking if they had my IMO and other medical evidence. They responded saying I didn't need to send anything. So, I'm chalking it up to the cahnge that was made this weekend and going to ignore it, like they ignore me.

eBenefits would be a great tool if it was accurate.

I wouldn't rely on what you read there.

I am planning on using their broken system against them if need be.The first few months after I was setup on Ebenefits I didn't know I had to click on the Claim date to reach other layers. There was no where on the site that said you needed to find out the info you were looking for. Everytime I looked at the site the one section ALWAYS said "no attention needed", yet I would get letters saying they needed this or that. I asked many times about that, but no one ever answered me why that said not needed,yet they needed stuff. So once a month I started taking copies of the pages for my records.So now if they come back at me with you never sent this or that, I'll come back with your telephone system,your reps all say to rely on Ebenefits for info. I'll show them a copy around the date they are talking about and say " see it says No Attention needed".If need be I'll use their broken system against them. I haven't seen the new site changes so I don't know if one can still do that or not.The Appeals section is just as vague and full of false info as was the other section. If they want us to rely on Ebenefits, they better fix it or not use it, because some smartazz like myself will use it against them. " ALLS IS FAIR IN WAR AND DEALING WITH THE VA!!" Mike

• HadIt.com Elder

Better to depend on old system of getting proof of submission of evidence and claims and avoid this Ebenefits mess.

The VA can wriggle out of any mistake on Ebenefits. If you don't have an official letter in your hand that is either a VCAA letter or rating decision I don't think it means anything.