VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dont Really Understand This

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

physical examination

veteren is well developed well nourished male in no distress Active range with a gonimetrer is as follows forward flexion 0 to 30 degrees with pain at 30 degrees backward extension is 40 degrees with pain at 40 abduction 0 to 55 with pain thrughout whole motion interenal rotation 0 to 40 with pain and external rotation 0 to 55 degrees with pain With 3 repitions the range of motion is not additionally limited by pain fatigue weakness or lack of endurance. Im alittle confused with that last statement When in the history it states that Im a heliocopter mechanic and i have to take more frequent breaks to rest my shoulder and it takes me longer to complete jobs It also says it pops out 2 to 3 times daily which causes throbbing pain throughout the day. Im just worried because it also states that i denied fatigability and lack of endurance. Which i feel dumb if I said that but Im scared its going to hurt my rating I guess I just want to know how others view this C&P exam and what they think about what my outcome might be Tired of stressing bout the holidays My claim has been in the decision phase for the third time since july 12 2010. Starting to get old. Thanks for all the responses and help I get.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

left shoulder impingement syndrome with supraspinatus tendinitis that's what the outcome is just have to wait for the outcome.

The most important issue will be the range of motion. The rater failed to rate my claim according to the VA guide lines for this issue. Thus, another appeal.

left shoulder impingement syndrome with supraspinatus tendinitis

Active range with a gonimetrer is as follows forward flexion 0 to 30 degrees with pain at 30 degrees backward extension is 40 degrees with pain at 40 abduction 0 to 55 with pain thrughout whole motion interenal rotation 0 to 40 with pain and external rotation 0 to 55 degrees with pain With 3 repitions the range of motion is not additionally limited by pain fatigue weakness or lack of endurance.

I am currently recieveig 10% for a broken right foot with this left shoulder currentl at the rating board. Does anyone have an educated guess what I should expect probable after the holiday season?

• HadIt.com Elder

I think you will get a rating, but I don't know how much. The doctor does not make the rating. You should check to see what the VA's exam for this condition requires to get certain ratings. It is all ROM, so the less ROM you have the more disability you get. It is not really fair since pain plays a big part. I have shoulder/neck problem and I don't worry about ROM. It is the pain that gets me.

That's what I was thinking but my ROM is limited but I don't really know what's considered bad or where to find the ROM rating criteria. Anyone have a place to look?