VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

13 Months And Waiting

Rate this question

ward86

Question

70% SC for PTSD...getting SSD for my SC disability only....applied for IU Nov.2010....no word on claim and nobody seems to know squat....county VA Rep is useless....filed hardship today to get things expedited ....probably wont help.....is it certain that I will have to go for another c &p exam before decision is made....seems pretty cut and dry, as all SSD records provided to VA....Thanks for any advice or encouragement ...

• Answers 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hey Ward,

One of the veterans I'm working with filed his IU in November 2010 and he called me yesterday and his claim was just approved. VA will pay back to 2009 when he could no longer work. On another note, my claim for an increase has been in the works for 18 months....Hang tough....

When you applied for TDIU you sent in the form, did you get a VCAA letter saying they received the claim, Just wondering what the letter said!

Yea, got letter....same sh-- ....if they needed more info from me they would let me know.....in may got another letter stating they are trying to obtain prior employment history....went to employer(1) and got copy of form my employer sent to them....heard nothing since....

Yea, got letter....same sh-- ....if they needed more info from me they would let me know.....in may got another letter stating they are trying to obtain prior employment history....went to employer(1) and got copy of form my employer sent to them....heard nothing since.... called 800 # 5 times since may and was told they received everything to make an informed decision and claim is in development stage...was told they have all records from SSD....also told my folder scanned on Dec 7th.....whatever the hell that means...

I know just how you feel as I just passed the 300 day mark for my VA Comp case. It can be unbearable at times but somehow we manage the strength to keep fighting. Trying to enjoy the holidays can be hard with so many issues in the hands of others that impacts our ability to pay bills and move on with our lives. I try to tell myself that although there are days filled with frustration, there also are many more positive days ahead. Try to stay busy and don't let your case consume all your energy. Any time you feel like learning from other's experiences, log on to HadIt and explore the valuable info so many have posted.

Stay positive...Hang tough...the rest will take care of itself!

LC

LC, I'm only on my 161st day in the decision phase for TDIU and already have gone nuts fighting the bill collectors, it has got to the point, I just don't answer the phone anymore,

listen to the messages and pay them what I can, can't get stressed with a bad heart. The VA has to answer us someday and pay for it in the end. God Bless and Good Luck!

NJ