VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Problem With Voc Rehab Counsleor

Rate this question

TCole70

Question

Been having an issue with my VRC concerning my monthly subsistence allowance for the past 5 months. I attended an eleven month online class and the allowance is based on the hours in-class AND a special time tracker made just for vets. The minimum hours I logged were over the required time allotted (IT Certs). Back in July the amount of the payments began to shrink. I called, went in and emailed my VRC and she gave a different excuse everytime. With my classes still going on, she cut me off completley. However, I am getting the approval letters from what my counselor swore doesn't come from her office, stating that I am getting the full amount for the month.

Can anyone point me in the rigth direction? How do I get this resolved and get retro for all the hours? I have completed the course successfully and have the time cards from the school. Who do I take this issue to? My VRC is the head counselor so I don't know who else I can go to.

Any help will be very helpful. Thanks in advance!

TCole70

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

This vet has a very knowledgable blog you can ask a question on

regarding VA Voc Rehab and other VA educational issues:

http://vabenefitblog...y-not-use-both/

I also wonder if your school's finance office got the payments screwed up. ????

Thanks for the link Ms. Berta, I am using it right now and reading up on some of the Voc Rehab issues other vets have had. However, I haven't found a case like mine yet. I will make a "b-line" to the RO first thing Monday to see someone about this. I will also go to IRIS and fill out the form and see what will come of that. I want to try to get some one on this before too many months go by. Thanks again for your expertise! You really helped. I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year! :)

:biggrin: