VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question On Ebenefits

Rate this question

Brother Gate

Question

Hello All, I check ebenefits yesterday and claim went from pending decision approval to "Decision Notification Sent-Development Letter Sent". It also says appeal is possible. Is this normal wording for all claim resolutions or am I to assume the battle continues? Thanks for any input. My anxiety is kicking in.

Bro' Gate

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

The system was just upgraded to reflect these. I've not received a letter although mine also says "Development Letter Sent". We'll see how accurate the new system is.

thanks for the feed-back. I will try to relax, if thats possible. Been waiting on resolve of my claims over two and ahalf years. Hoping my tdiu is approved. I am at 80% trying to get over the hump. Hope this is a good friday.

If you had a pending claim with several conditions, it may be they rated what they could. Then the rest were deferred with a letter sent out. Stay calm as this just recently happened to me. My claim was approved to go from 50 % to 70%, however they deferred the foot condition which went back to development. They want proof that they should rate nerve damage secondary to my feet. That is a laugh-my whole body was diagnosed.

Anyhow, this is quite common now. Did you guys have multiple conditions? If so that could be the reason. If not, then they need more more information, perhaps another compensation hearing which I just had.

I was told this process would be quicker as it goes by the date received.

I believe you hit the nail on the head. I had multiple conditions included for 2 claims. On the lesser ones I did not get a favorable c&p. This may be the reason for further development. Still waiting for the brown envelope. I will post again when I get the details. thanks for your help

Your very welcome. Let us know what they decided. And when they send you a letter, if you have any outside medical appointments concerning these issues send them in. I believe you have 30 days to do so. I have a huge brown envelope I am sending to them. I always use the green card-return receipt on anything I send the VA so they can't say they haven't received this. If you have nothing further to send them, let them know as well. Advise them to rate this and please expediate. All though it is highly unlikely. And then expect another 6-12 months before you hear back on this.