VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got My Ptsd Bva Decision?

Rate this question

guillo

Question

Called my local DAV office to find out the status of my appeal. They checked in their system and they said BVA granted my PTSD claim but no %. Then I called BVA contact and the person there said the case was fwd to our local RO and that she didn't know the decision was. Can this be true? Why would our local DAV know the granted status and the BVA contact person not? The said it will take appx 45 days for any monetary award. Pls advise, thanks. Can this actually happen?

Edited by guillo

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

I am thinking that the BVA definitely granted the claim- but it still has to be rated by the VARO.

The BVA usually doesn't get involved with the actual ratings.

You should be getting a letter soon that would tell you more.

• HadIt.com Elder

For some reason they give the heads up to the Service Organization first.

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta is right, it sounds like the BVA granted the appeal. Your c-file will go back to your RO for an actual rating decision. Keep in mind, if the rating pecentage warrants a high amount of retro, then your copy of the rating can take a bit longer to get to you, as all retro awards over $25,000.00 needs a third signature.

If the veteran has a POA (power of attorney) the VA will give the SO a heads up on the actual rating before it is released to the veteran.

Vike 17