VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Narcotic Pain Meds

Rate this topic

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

My narcotic pain meds are 5-8 days late every month. This is unacceptable, but what can I do? In Floria there is so much pressure on pain management doctors that they don't prescribe as well as the VA. I could not get oxycodone and fentanyl patches from a private doctor. If I did I would be paying out the rear end. I have 5 years of treatment from pain management at the VA. If they try and dump me I will raise question of malpractice. I have been on narcotics via the VA for at least 5 years including morphine, methadone, percoset and fentanyl. If I should not have gotten narcotic meds then they need to explain to a lawyer why they prescribed them for years. Same goes for the clonazepam.

Try going cold turkey from clonazepam. You can have convulsions just like valium or xanax sudden stop of meds. I came off a pretty good dose of valium and that was very unpleasant to say the least.

• HadIt.com Elder

John I haven't had any problems since that August Sept mess 2 or 3 years ago when they kept telling me they were mailed out and they weren't and after 10 days of the lies I called the Directors office and asked her if they were trying to kill me by making me detox at home what with all my heart problems if they wanted me off them great but I would appreciate being in the hospital in the future for medical treatment and why was the clinic and doctor lying for 2 weeks about they had sent the percocets out when they hadn't the doctor called me about 30 minites later and asked me to never call the Director again if I had a problem to call him and he would fix it he's been great ever since he's also the longest primary care doc I have ever had I use to get a new one every year this guy has been 3 years now I hope he stays

john999, If they try and dump me I will raise question of malpractice, same thing I was thinking. Today the dr call explaing the program and

also told me i will have to be tested when I come in Jan since i said i smoke. My VA clinic said they dont give fentanyl only to cancer patient.

I been on fentanyl,hydrocodone, since 2003 by same dr now i cant get meds unless I pass a drug test 9 years on fentanyl is enough my eye sight

is getting real bad some of the side effects from it. Thinking real hard about going to Salibury,NC they have a nice VA clinic for inpatient treatment

for mental health, substance abuse, what ever the problem. I talk to them this year and the only way i would get in is to get treatment for narcotic pain med

& the smoke i will have to give up and if i have to piss for meds then get me off the narcotic pills if it will work. Tired of all the meds to more meds you take the higher

the blood pressure always something

• HadIt.com Elder

With the Dea treating Doctors like Drug Dealers, they dont really have a choice any more. They are testing you not for drug use, they are testing you to ensure you are using the drug.

That is what it is all about.

J

VA RX told me to phone in the refill request for my husband's pain contract medication a day or two after he receives his current month. Since I have been doing it this way, he hasn't run out. (knocking on wood)....