VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Total And Permanantely Disabled 100%

Rate this question

Mcafee

Question

Hello All Hope All Is Well

I was in court today to settle a workmans compensation claim pending injury since Oct.2004

After enduring all this time a bankruptcy my wife left me.But my kids stayed with me.

A gleem of light has come through the lady Judge was more than polite and concerned for my health and well being since she knew I was a disabled Veteran and in the past year the events in my life Prostate Cancer and TKR.

I won the claim and for my remaining life between the State Attorney General and the Insurance company are obligated for sustained injuries while I was in Washington DC I was a Trade Show Carpenter amazingly enough it was a Military show when I got injured.any way I thought to share this with all.

And lastly due to the current events I truly believe this will have a great impact on TDIU as well which is pending 5 years now.

My claim is before a Judge in BVA status file is in storage no time frame. Thank You all and have a Safe and GREAT HOLIDAY with your LOVED ONES.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

I agree with PR. Reminding you that the VA is not the benevolent organization they often claim to be, but instead use any possible excuse to deny or delay, even if that excuse to deny is waco 60% of the time. If you were disabled due to a workmens comp injury, then the VA will, of course, say you need to collect disability compensation from your former employer, not the VA.

The VA's "standard" is 50% or more. In other words if there is a 51% chance your disability is a result of a workmens comp injury, then you would have only a 49% chance that the military caused your service connected disabilitie(s).

This reminds me of our treasury's policy that if you tear a dollar bill (or a hundred), you can take that to the bank and they will give you a new one for it. The catch is that you must have half or more of the bill. You cant shred the bill into 300 pieces and get a new dollar for each piece.