Jump to content
Using an Ad Blocker? Consider adding HadIt.com as an exception. Hadit.com is funded through advertising, ad free memberships, contributions and out of pocket. ×
  • 0

Total And Permanantely Disabled 100%


Mcafee

Question

Hello All Hope All Is Well

I was in court today to settle a workmans compensation claim pending injury since Oct.2004

After enduring all this time a bankruptcy my wife left me.But my kids stayed with me.

A gleem of light has come through the lady Judge was more than polite and concerned for my health and well being since she knew I was a disabled Veteran and in the past year the events in my life Prostate Cancer and TKR.

I won the claim and for my remaining life between the State Attorney General and the Insurance company are obligated for sustained injuries while I was in Washington DC I was a Trade Show Carpenter amazingly enough it was a Military show when I got injured.any way I thought to share this with all.

And lastly due to the current events I truly believe this will have a great impact on TDIU as well which is pending 5 years now.

My claim is before a Judge in BVA status file is in storage no time frame. Thank You all and have a Safe and GREAT HOLIDAY with your LOVED ONES.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • Moderator

I agree with PR. Reminding you that the VA is not the benevolent organization they often claim to be, but instead use any possible excuse to deny or delay, even if that excuse to deny is waco 60% of the time. If you were disabled due to a workmens comp injury, then the VA will, of course, say you need to collect disability compensation from your former employer, not the VA.

The VA's "standard" is 50% or more. In other words if there is a 51% chance your disability is a result of a workmens comp injury, then you would have only a 49% chance that the military caused your service connected disabilitie(s).

This reminds me of our treasury's policy that if you tear a dollar bill (or a hundred), you can take that to the bank and they will give you a new one for it. The catch is that you must have half or more of the bill. You cant shred the bill into 300 pieces and get a new dollar for each piece.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

  • Advertisemnt

  • How to get your questions answered...

    question-001.jpeg

    All VA Claims questions should be posted on our forums. Read the forums without registering, to post you must register it’s free. Register for a free account.

    Tips on posting on the forums.

    1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery” instead of ‘I have a question’.
    2. Knowledgable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title. I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.
    3. Use paragraphs instead of one huge, rambling introduction or story. Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

    Leading to:

    Post clear questions and then give background info on them.

    Examples:

    • A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine but claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?
    • B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • I was involved in traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

    This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial from your claim?” etc.

    Note:

    Your firsts posts on the board may be delayed before they show up, as they are reviewed, this process does not take long and the review requirement will be removed usually by the 6th post, though we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.

    This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before they hit the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims and this helps us do that.

  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

    tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

  • Advertisemnt

  • VA Watchdog

  • Advertisemnt

  • Ads

  • Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

    employment 2.jpeg

    You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines