VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vegas Police: Officer Fired 7 Shots With Ar-15 In Fatal Standoff With Unarmed Gulf War Vet

Rate this question

sleeper692

Question

Vegas police: Officer fired 7 shots with AR-15 in fatal standoff with unarmed Gulf War vet

I was in Las Vegas when this happened. It was very disturbing. The local news had many candid interviews with his wife who laid heavy blame on the VA for screwing with the guys meds and disability payments. Basically, he got caught in the system and the system chewed him up and spit him out when he needed them the most.

His wife explained that he was in the wrong apartment complex because he was confused and couldn't find his own apartment. This should have been an easy fix.

My heart goes out to his widow.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

This story reminds me of a situation that took place here in small town America, where a Vietnam Vet who was a part time reserve officer for the local sheriffs dept.Some gal had pressed some charges stating that he had sexually assaulted her. Because this guy was a Vietnam Vet, the whole dept feared how he was going to respond. So they got not only Sherrifs dept, State Police and two city police depts, a total of 20+ officers with automatic weapons waited for him to report to duty. When he walked in the back door of the station he was greeted by these people pointing their weapons at him. He moved suddenly and was shot over 50 times by these paranoid officers. His family proved the claim was false and that the person did it because he wrote her a speeding ticket. His family settled out of court for around $750,000.Yes he was a Vietnam Vet, yes he was in Special Forces in the service,and yes he taught self defense to women and children. He was a Badazz, but he also was a gentle giant who just happened to be a veteran who deserved his day in court just like anyone else. I was PO'd for a number of years afterwards, but thru time I had forgotton till I read this article. Haven't been this mad since the Billy Jack Movies. Mike

This story reminds me of a situation that took place here in small town America, where a Vietnam Vet who was a part time reserve officer for the local sheriffs dept.Some gal had pressed some charges stating that he had sexually assaulted her. Because this guy was a Vietnam Vet, the whole dept feared how he was going to respond. So they got not only Sherrifs dept, State Police and two city police depts, a total of 20+ officers with automatic weapons waited for him to report to duty. When he walked in the back door of the station he was greeted by these people pointing their weapons at him. He moved suddenly and was shot over 50 times by these paranoid officers. His family proved the claim was false and that the person did it because he wrote her a speeding ticket. His family settled out of court for around $750,000.Yes he was a Vietnam Vet, yes he was in Special Forces in the service,and yes he taught self defense to women and children. He was a Badazz, but he also was a gentle giant who just happened to be a veteran who deserved his day in court just like anyone else. I was PO'd for a number of years afterwards, but thru time I had forgotton till I read this article. Haven't been this mad since the Billy Jack Movies. Mike

If true, that is certainly a tragic tale; but unsubstantiated anecdotes doesn't cut it, especially ones like this with such "The Negotiator" like story telling.

If true, that is certainly a tragic tale; but unsubstantiated anecdotes doesn't cut it, especially ones like this with such "The Negotiator" like story telling.

It is true. It happened about 1993 in Payette Idaho. His wife was a very good customer of mine.I had only met him once.I don't know what you mean by negotiator, I had nothing to do with it other than lived here. It was way before gore invented the internet but I'll see if I can find something from Boise newspaper. Do you doubt the Billy Jack movies part too?

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/id-supreme-court/1468158.html

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/id-supreme-court/1250842.html

Things have been sanitized abit from original story, but you being in law enforcement have seen that before happen. She won her claim eventually but I can't seem to find that.You can see that there is even a difference in the two stories. Am I still a liar?

Edited by Bigred122

It is true. It happened about 1993 in Payette Idaho. His wife was a very good customer of mine.I had only met him once.I don't know what you mean by negotiator, I had nothing to do with it other than lived here. It was way before gore invented the internet but I'll see if I can find something from Boise newspaper. Do you doubt the Billy Jack movies part too?

http://caselaw.findl...rt/1468158.html

http://caselaw.findl...rt/1250842.html

Things have been sanitized abit from original story, but you being in law enforcement have seen that before happen. She won her claim eventually but I can't seem to find that.You can see that there is even a difference in the two stories. Am I still a liar?

Never called you a "liar" and "The Negotiator" was in reference to a movie with Samuel Jackson and Kevin Spacey. Nough said...