VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How To Get P&t

Rate this question

JOHN1

Question

63 yr old male and two small children and out of work wife.

Have been 100% PTSD for 2 yrs. C&P scheduled in Feb 2012, then 2015.

How do I get to be P&T for the benefits for my kids.

Have always made my regular appointments with the va doctor and GAF always 50.

My condition has worsened if anything.

My question:

1:Should I and can I apply for P&t

2: On these C&P re-exams, which scare me to death, what are the chances of being reduced, which would push me over the edge as I can't be around people and can't work.

3: On my regular pysch doctor appointments he always wants me to try new medications and I politely refuse and I have be through them all, now on maximum Zoloft dosage. By not changing will the board take this as a negative or uncooperative attitude. The doctor allows me to continue Zoloft upon my request as it is the only thing I tell him work better than others. Symptoms same but tolerable.

Please Help!

God Bless

John

• Answers 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

My therapist and my family physician are both giving me letters to the fact PTSD has gotten worse and they feel it is a "permanent and total disabilty and can not return to the workplace"

Did they use the VA language; It is my opinion>

"More likely than not"....OR..."As likely as not".....

My question is should I give a copy to the examiner next week at the C&P or just forward only to regional office as they requested. Do you send the "originals" or a copy".

Yes take them with you! Just be aware that some examiners doesn't like looking at any paperwork a Vet may bring. At least you'll have them in case you have a caring examiner.

You also want to have those letters put in your c;file for evidence. If you mail them to your RO, make sure you send them certified w/receipt. That way you'll have proof with a signed receipt that they received them.

Coot

Thanks to all replies and will keep u posted as to the C&P which is scheduled this week.

God Bless

John1