VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Comp&pen "effective Date" Changed. Why?

Rate this question

mancank

Question

Hey all,

I'm new to the site and have a question regarding the "Effective Date" for my compensation. I've been receiving 70% for about 6 months now, which is fine and dandy, but in November I logged into ebenefits to download my Award letter again because I had to get a new computer. It wasn't there and there was a note saying your letter will be re-uploaded on December 12th. So, I let a month or so go by and just checked it tonight. It is there, but my effective date changed from June 1st, 2011 to December 1st, 2011. Why would that be, and why was my letter taken down in the first place? Just seems kind of strange, please let me know if any one has any answers about this,

Thanks!

P

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

unless they start withholding your checks it is probably just a typo when they reposted the data to the electronic file you'll find out quick enough payday is on the 30th this month if you get your deposit no problem no deposit then you have a problem

If it's the Benefit Verification (AB8) letter, I believe you are misinterpreting it.

This letter shows the current award amount, the net award amount, and the effective date of the dollar award. Because we are receiving the 3.6% COLA effective December 1, 2011 and payable (this year) on December 30, we all should have new letters with the effective date of December 1, 2011. It does NOT refer to the date service connection was granted.

Sometimes I hate eBenefits. A little bit of misinterpreted data can be a dangerous thing.

Hey all,

I'm new to the site and have a question regarding the "Effective Date" for my compensation. I've been receiving 70% for about 6 months now, which is fine and dandy, but in November I logged into ebenefits to download my Award letter again because I had to get a new computer. It wasn't there and there was a note saying your letter will be re-uploaded on December 12th. So, I let a month or so go by and just checked it tonight. It is there, but my effective date changed from June 1st, 2011 to December 1st, 2011. Why would that be, and why was my letter taken down in the first place? Just seems kind of strange, please let me know if any one has any answers about this,

Thanks!

P

Edited by jvretiredvet