VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

&p Evaluation For Diabetes 11 And High Blood Pressure

Rate this question

brentakar

Question

I completed my C&P evaluation. for Diabetes 2 and high blood pressure today. I sent in all my documentation to the VA when I filed for the 2 seperate claims. They took my blood pressure 3 times,I had 3 reading of-top number 1. 156/113 2. 161/111/ 3. 165/115. what tpe rating does this suggest based on these numbers? Also I had high blood sugar numbers while in the army, have a copy of my lab results.I was never told I was border line diabetic or anything.I was o% service connected high blood pressure, and now have diabetes 2 which I filed for.The doctor asked me a few questions on blood presure, and nothing about diabetes? what does this mean.Please reply

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If you have DMII the doctor can see it by just looking at your HbA1c and fasting glucose levels. Have you ever been tested for neuropathy or any other secondary conditions of DMII? When I got my C&P for DMII the doctor just looked at my latest lab results and said "Yeah, you have it", so this is what it could be for you. If you have any pain in your feet,legs or vision troubles this could be secondary to DMII. Heart disease can be secondary. Once you have DMII it opens up Pandora's box.

Thank you for replying back.I had a few high blood sugar levels in the army as i stated and no one said anything to me about this.I have high cholestrol wich is now under control and was rated at o% for hypertension. The past few months my blood pressure has elevated and have to take two pills daily .I retired in 2005 from the army, and 2 years ago,I was diagnosed with Diabetes 2 at the VA Hospital.I also wear diabetic shoes and socks.I was certain the c&p doc would ask about my feet or anything about diabetes.All the doc said to me was there is no need for any exam , everything is in the ccomputer as well as lab test.He aslo said i see you been going to the VA for quite some time , and that was it.Any feedback over the c&p as well as to the correlation beweetn high blood pressure, and Diabetes.I am sure its connected.Thank you.

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't know about rating numbers but please treat your Blood Pressure or you will burn out your kidneys

Thank you for replying back.I had a few high blood sugar levels in the army as i stated and no one said anything to me about this.I have high cholestrol wich is now under control and was rated at o% for hypertension. The past few months my blood pressure has elevated and have to take two pills daily .I retired in 2005 from the army, and 2 years ago,I was diagnosed with Diabetes 2 at the VA Hospital.I also wear diabetic shoes and socks.I was certain the c&p doc would ask about my feet or anything about diabetes.All the doc said to me was there is no need for any exam , everything is in the ccomputer as well as lab test.He aslo said i see you been going to the VA for quite some time , and that was it.Any feedback over the c&p as well as to the correlation beweetn high blood pressure, and Diabetes.I am sure its connected.Thank you.

I answered your post in claims research forum. You do fall into the new 1997 DMII classification.

C file- Send a letter to your VARO requesting a copy of it.

VA medical records Send a letter to the VAMC FOIA officer at your VAMC for copies of them.

SMRS -go to NARA site and fill out and mail the SF 180 form.

With a claim in progress now, these requests might hold it up and they do take time for VA to copy these records.

However, a copy of the VA med recs and C file can be invaluable to supporting a claim for SC.

I would have never scceeded in my claims without copies of these records.

I cant determine what type of C & P you had.

If this was done at a VAMC, then you could request a copy of the C & P exam results from the VAMC where it was done.

That specific record should not take long for them to send to you.