VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

&p Evaluation For Diabetes 11 And High Blood Pressure

Rate this question

brentakar

Question

I completed my C&P evaluation. for Diabetes 2 and high blood pressure today. I sent in all my documentation to the VA when I filed for the 2 seperate claims. They took my blood pressure 3 times,I had 3 reading of-top number 1. 156/113 2. 161/111/ 3. 165/115. what tpe rating does this suggest based on these numbers? Also I had high blood sugar numbers while in the army, have a copy of my lab results.I was never told I was border line diabetic or anything.I was o% service connected high blood pressure, and now have diabetes 2 which I filed for.The doctor asked me a few questions on blood presure, and nothing about diabetes? what does this mean.Please reply

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

yes, like i said during the c&p exam the doc took my blood pressure 3 times ansked me was i taking my meds and did i take mine that morning, I said yes.I also filed a claim for Diabetes 2 .I kept copies of my military medical records when i retired

After i was diagnosed as a diabetic 2 , i looked in my medical records and saw severl high sugar readings.The doc said to me during the exam , there is no need to give you any exams, everything is in the computer and your lab test are up to date.How do you interpret that no questions at all?Please reply back.

This is the VA's diabetes training letter:

The classification criteria after 1997 is on page 4.

My point was if you served prior to 1997, then your inservice glucose readings might have warranted an inservice DMII diagnosis.

My point was if you served prior to 1997, then your inservice glucose readings might have warranted an inservice DMII diagnosis.

Hi Berta,

you are a wealth of information.I have some questions for you and need to know besides posting questions on this web site , is there another way I can communicate with you IE: e-mail, etc.Please reply back.

The info in this link can help you determine ,if they service connect your DMII, what your rating should be and also if the inservice readings conform to a diabetes diagnosis.

If you were never exposed to Agent Orange,(I assume you were not) the SMRs can be critical to your claim as to the glucose values.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002194/

This link has the exact info as to diabetes classifications after 1997 that you need to copmpare to your inservice glucose readings.

Also DMII has many significant and ratable complications.Anything from skin rashes, to foot problems, to vision problems , to cerebrovascular strokes, to atherosclerosis and heart disease.

It takes a medical statement and rationale to link these complications to the DMII.

I dont use email for claims stuff.

Edited by Berta