VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

&p Evaluation For Diabetes 11 And High Blood Pressure

Rate this question

brentakar

Question

I completed my C&P evaluation. for Diabetes 2 and high blood pressure today. I sent in all my documentation to the VA when I filed for the 2 seperate claims. They took my blood pressure 3 times,I had 3 reading of-top number 1. 156/113 2. 161/111/ 3. 165/115. what tpe rating does this suggest based on these numbers? Also I had high blood sugar numbers while in the army, have a copy of my lab results.I was never told I was border line diabetic or anything.I was o% service connected high blood pressure, and now have diabetes 2 which I filed for.The doctor asked me a few questions on blood presure, and nothing about diabetes? what does this mean.Please reply

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Thank you for replying back Berta, You mentioned that I can file a notice of disagreement with the VA after I receive the ratings correct? Do I need to go to a service officer to file this, or is there a form attached to the packet from the rating they mail out? Also, do you suggest I wait to see if they give me a rating for my Diabetes or try and get a letter from a civilian doctor?Please reply back.Thank you.

There is a template here at hadit for NODs.

It is a brief statement that yo disagree with their decisiuon dated XXXX, regarding your disability rating for DMII and tell them why.

You don't need a service officer to file the NOD.

"Also, do you suggest I wait to see if they give me a rating for my Diabetes or try and get a letter from a civilian doctor?"

I would at this point for the rating.

The NOD is ,in my opinion, the initial avenue of attack.

A NOD should be brief but can directly refer to specific medical evidence that should warrant a higher rating (per VA';s schedule of ratings) that VA might have overlooked or failed to consider properly.An Attached IMO could be referred to in the NOD and sent along with the NOD.

Hopefully others here will chime in on your questions at this point.We have many DMII vets here.