VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

&p Evaluation For Diabetes 11 And High Blood Pressure

Rate this question

brentakar

Question

I completed my C&P evaluation. for Diabetes 2 and high blood pressure today. I sent in all my documentation to the VA when I filed for the 2 seperate claims. They took my blood pressure 3 times,I had 3 reading of-top number 1. 156/113 2. 161/111/ 3. 165/115. what tpe rating does this suggest based on these numbers? Also I had high blood sugar numbers while in the army, have a copy of my lab results.I was never told I was border line diabetic or anything.I was o% service connected high blood pressure, and now have diabetes 2 which I filed for.The doctor asked me a few questions on blood presure, and nothing about diabetes? what does this mean.Please reply

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I answered your post in claims research forum. You do fall into the new 1997 DMII classification.

C file- Send a letter to your VARO requesting a copy of it.

VA medical records Send a letter to the VAMC FOIA officer at your VAMC for copies of them.

SMRS -go to NARA site and fill out and mail the SF 180 form.

With a claim in progress now, these requests might hold it up and they do take time for VA to copy these records.

However, a copy of the VA med recs and C file can be invaluable to supporting a claim for SC.

I would have never scceeded in my claims without copies of these records.

I cant determine what type of C & P you had.

If this was done at a VAMC, then you could request a copy of the C & P exam results from the VAMC where it was done.

That specific record should not take long for them to send to you.

Hi Berta, Thank you for replying back.What does that mean when you said I do fall into the new 1997 DMII classification?I had a C&P Monday for blood pressure increase and Diabetes 2.I submitted my lab results of some of my high blood sugar counts while on active duty.2 Years ago, I was told I have Diabetes 2 from the VA Hospital.Yes, I had my exam at the VA facility.The doc did not ask anything about my Diabetes. Please reply back.Brent

• HadIt.com Elder

The readings show a 30 percent higher. On a personal note, you need to get it down or your not going to live long. Your life expectancy is shortened due to the BP and changing BP's numbers is what causes strokes. Are you on medication.

J

yes imon 40 mil lisinopril and another medication.I was rated at 0% service connected when i retired from the army.My numbers are high now.They checked my blood pressure 3 times the other day at the C&P exam.so you think 30% with the numbers that i provided ?Please reply back

• HadIt.com Elder

I looked at it again and in reality it is 20 percent. You would need a 120 reading (Diastolic) to hit 40 percent as there is no 30 percent rating. It had been quite somt time since I visited the regs on this.

How is your heart? you have to have LVH with HTN that high. I do and I am taking 40 lisinopril, I am also taking Sotolol. (Arrythmic med)

J