VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Qtc

Rate this question

Papa

Question

I filed a claim back in 2/25/2010. I went through a QTC C&P General Examination on 7/26/2010. I got a copy of the report a few months later. While I did not like the fact that what happened during the exam was not what was on the report, if that makes any sense. Now, I go into ebenefits, with their improved claim status, and it shows that QTC did not send the VA a report until April 2011. That is about 9 months after the exam!! I do have an Attorney (K&K) working this for me, but the time line just don't look right.

Papa

• Answers 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

Have you considered its a VA screw up. QTC does not get paid until they submit a report and I will bet you a truckload of mangos that they filed the report shortly after your original exam.

Hello All,

Having just completed a couple of QTC examinations. I would like to bring up some more items that migpost-2270-0-96643500-1324752339_thumb.jpht need to be brought forward.

In the cover letter under "What do I need to do?" section please notice that it says to "Please complete the enclosed questionarie and bring it with you to the appointment. A completed questionaire helps the examiner provide VA with a comprehensive report. This will help the VA to expedite and address your claim."

This questionaire I listed all of the important records of events including the SMR records showing the Tinnitus diagnosis by VA in 2008 and that it was moderate to severe. Also showing hearing loss same. It also showed the Right ear infection in service with forced drainage for 2 days. It also showed more right ear infections with treatment including reports VA and private of scar tissue RIGHT ear. Ok so the QTC examiner asked a few questions though vague and then I asked if he had read the questionaire or the records and if he saw the reports. He said he briefly looked them over. Then after a very short and ridiculous hearing test announced that I had only slight hearing loss, nothing about the Tennitus and that I had scar tissue in left ear...... OK now we have problems . The VA will see his FAULTY report which will show that I did not have inservice ear infection in left ear. It was the right. There is a difference between slight and moderate to severe hearing loss.

As some of you have pointed out the QTC does not have to look at all of the records and requires lengthy time period to get the report. This ENT doctor did say the VA will get the report the next day . So what does the Veteran do when he or she gets a FAULTY C and P exam . The appeal process will have to be followed to continue the claim forward. In the appeal here , fortunately I will be able to use the whole record. Whereas he did not review the whole record and ignored even the record VA sent him. I will be able to list the SMRs , the IMOs, the records ,

In this Letter to the veteran, you will notice that in the

"Should I bring my medical records?" section. It says NO. Please do not bring your medical records. The doctor will only review records the VA has already provided. If you have additional records related to your claim , please submit them directly to the VA".

Ok so in my case the 2 examiners for different claims that I had were different . The latest one concerning the Ear issues, Tennitus , Hearing loss, Right ear infection was a literal waste of time. The SMRS showed Right Ear Infection Forced Drainage for 2 days. Current infections of right ear with treatement over the last year , twice with records. So this QTC doctor says he saw scar tissue in the LEFT ear....... That means the VA will say no inservice record of left ear. The victim.....I mean the patient Veteran is going to have to appeal this. So it is quite evident that this is a FAULTY exam designed to stop the victim .....I mean the patient Veteran from receiving service connection and his award.

In the other instance of the other Examiner , He choose to look at a report that I gave him and it could possibly end up in his final report. I know his examination was more thorough and he had the SMRs the VA supplied like they said they would, right in front of him.

Two totally different type of Examiners for QTC. As Pete pointed out that QTC does not get paid until the report is finnished is correct and Carlie pointed out how hard it is for a QTC report to get a copy of verses a CandP from the VAMC. The Cand P is different at the VAMC because the whole record , CFile will be used . SMRs, IMOs, Progress Reports , even other records can be used. QTC is more limited and I agree with 71m10 that it may be a violation of Hippa and maybe even a violation of due process as to improper examinations that result in a faulty decision . The victim...... I mean the patient Veteran must appeal decisions because of faulty decisions. It all boils down to the appeals process, the BVA , the evidence which triggers the 38 CFR 3.102 Benefit of a Doubt rule and the evidence in relative equipoise. So I am not as concerned with the stalling techniques of QTC as long as the appeal is done bringing the evidene to bear to the next level. As always the patient veteran must always ....NEVER GIVE UP. Merry Christmas to all .... C.C.

Edited by Capt.Contaminate

Capt.

When I went through my C&P for Parkinsons now that was a total joke. I had the questionnaire completed, but could have brought Grand Kid's coloring book. The Doctor was a GP from someplace around north of Midland, Texas. I live in San Antonio. He had a young lady telling him what he had to do next. My wife ask her if she was a Doctor, no I'm only a Clerk, but I know the procedures better then the Doctor. So, I had a Doctor with zero experience, and being told how to do the exam by an Office Clerk. Came back with 30% (min. for Parkinsons) in appeal stage now, like my personal Neurologist said, he has never heard of a person with Parkinsons being 30%.

Merry Christmas

Papa

Hello All,

Having just completed a couple of QTC examinations. I would like to bring up some more items that migpost-2270-0-96643500-1324752339_thumb.jpht need to be brought forward.

In the cover letter under "What do I need to do?" section please notice that it says to "Please complete the enclosed questionarie and bring it with you to the appointment. A completed questionaire helps the examiner provide VA with a comprehensive report. This will help the VA to expedite and address your claim."

This questionaire I listed all of the important records of events including the SMR records showing the Tinnitus diagnosis by VA in 2008 and that it was moderate to severe. Also showing hearing loss same. It also showed the Right ear infection in service with forced drainage for 2 days. It also showed more right ear infections with treatment including reports VA and private of scar tissue RIGHT ear. Ok so the QTC examiner asked a few questions though vague and then I asked if he had read the questionaire or the records and if he saw the reports. He said he briefly looked them over. Then after a very short and ridiculous hearing test announced that I had only slight hearing loss, nothing about the Tennitus and that I had scar tissue in left ear...... OK now we have problems . The VA will see his FAULTY report which will show that I did not have inservice ear infection in left ear. It was the right. There is a difference between slight and moderate to severe hearing loss.

As some of you have pointed out the QTC does not have to look at all of the records and requires lengthy time period to get the report. This ENT doctor did say the VA will get the report the next day . So what does the Veteran do when he or she gets a FAULTY C and P exam . The appeal process will have to be followed to continue the claim forward. In the appeal here , fortunately I will be able to use the whole record. Whereas he did not review the whole record and ignored even the record VA sent him. I will be able to list the SMRs , the IMOs, the records ,

In this Letter to the veteran, you will notice that in the

"Should I bring my medical records?" section. It says NO. Please do not bring your medical records. The doctor will only review records the VA has already provided. If you have additional records related to your claim , please submit them directly to the VA".

Ok so in my case the 2 examiners for different claims that I had were different . The latest one concerning the Ear issues, Tennitus , Hearing loss, Right ear infection was a literal waste of time. The SMRS showed Right Ear Infection Forced Drainage for 2 days. Current infections of right ear with treatement over the last year , twice with records. So this QTC doctor says he saw scar tissue in the LEFT ear....... That means the VA will say no inservice record of left ear. The victim.....I mean the patient Veteran is going to have to appeal this. So it is quite evident that this is a FAULTY exam designed to stop the victim .....I mean the patient Veteran from receiving service connection and his award.

In the other instance of the other Examiner , He choose to look at a report that I gave him and it could possibly end up in his final report. I know his examination was more thorough and he had the SMRs the VA supplied like they said they would, right in front of him.

Two totally different type of Examiners for QTC. As Pete pointed out that QTC does not get paid until the report is finnished is correct and Carlie pointed out how hard it is for a QTC report to get a copy of verses a CandP from the VAMC. The Cand P is different at the VAMC because the whole record , CFile will be used . SMRs, IMOs, Progress Reports , even other records can be used. QTC is more limited and I agree with 71m10 that it may be a violation of Hippa and maybe even a violation of due process as to improper examinations that result in a faulty decision . The victim...... I mean the patient Veteran must appeal decisions because of faulty decisions. It all boils down to the appeals process, the BVA , the evidence which triggers the 38 CFR 3.102 Benefit of a Doubt rule and the evidence in relative equipoise. So I am not as concerned with the stalling techniques of QTC as long as the appeal is done bringing the evidene to bear to the next level. As always the patient veteran must always ....NEVER GIVE UP. Merry Christmas to all .... C.C.

Hello Papa, Yes the questionaire is what they are suppose to use to HELP them make a decision. I am sorry for your having to mess with FAULTY examinations which is probably going to lead to a FAULTY decision on this. Appeal, Appeal , Appeal,,,,,,,,The good thing is that if your questionaire is filled out and has very good PROBATIVE evidence then the questionaire can be used in the appeal to show the mistakes, inaccuracies and the faults of the the examination.Merry Christmas to you too Papa. As usual though NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.