VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Qtc

Rate this question

Papa

Question

I filed a claim back in 2/25/2010. I went through a QTC C&P General Examination on 7/26/2010. I got a copy of the report a few months later. While I did not like the fact that what happened during the exam was not what was on the report, if that makes any sense. Now, I go into ebenefits, with their improved claim status, and it shows that QTC did not send the VA a report until April 2011. That is about 9 months after the exam!! I do have an Attorney (K&K) working this for me, but the time line just don't look right.

Papa

• Answers 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

Remember that you can get an IMO if your C&P does not come out right. If I depended on C&P exams for ratings I would be still getting just 30%. I have never had a really decent C&P exam. The last one I had was done by a PA and was a joke. Don't be defeated just because your C&P is not good. The VA piles their evidence on one side and you pile yours on the other side of the scale. You have to really pile it on so you don't need the C&P.

Hello all,

Yessir John , I think all in all it boils down to IMOs , evidence that steals the thunder from the C and P. I pretty much have the IMOs so I think it is just a game now of fruitation ........and wait.

Moody it is just a waiting game like you said. They cannot beat sound probative evidence and IMOs. Merry Christmas to you both and remember....Never Give Up. God Bless, C.C.

Errors do occur in C&P Exams, they also occur during the rating process.

In my husbands claim, the QTC doctor got it right. The rater disagreed with the QTC doctor and denied the claim - again. He/She had the audacity to state in the SSOC the QTC doctor was wrong...Can you believe that ?

We filed an appeal, won the claim and he was eventually sc for this single denied issue at 100% on its own merit. In the meantime, we obtained an IMO/Nexus from his private doctor and that was the the clincher. We probably could have filed for CUE, or something to the tune of a CUE, but at that time my husband was very ill and his health was the primary focus.

Having an IMO and/or Nexus from a private doctor or, obtaining one from an independent source proves invaluable in some cases such as my husbands.

The advice here is to remain present as you are in your claim, no one has as vested an interest in it as you do.

Edited by VetsLady

• HadIt.com Elder

Its is against regulations for Raters to offer medical opinions. Call them out and complain to the person whose signature is on VARO letters to you.

Its is against regulations for Raters to offer medical opinions. Call them out and complain to the person whose signature is on VARO letters to you.

Whoops in my last post, it should have indicated the rater disagreed with the QTC doctors report because ....... the doctor stated the claimed issue was on the wrong body part, the doctor reported the correct body part, the rater did not

Looking back, I certainly could have and should have called the VA out on this raters incorrect statement of the facts. It's water under the bridge now, the rating ended up coming in at total but it took a BVA hearing to get it. Hopefully Veterans will see the importance of having a copy of their claim file and reading it.

The posting error was because I was cooking and posting at the same time. Thanks for bringing it to my attention Pete so I could clarify and not impact the thought of a Veteran. Of course the Bloody Mary had absolutely no involvement.

Edited by VetsLady