VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Does This Mean

Rate this question

vetinpa

Question

So I am told that both my gynecological and my anxiety issues are considered service connected, I have not recieved official word yet, ebenefits says it is "pending dispatch" The DAV tells me that now it will be sent back to the RO and I will have to have exams to figure out what the severity is to rate both of these.

Anxiety/PTSD was initially filed in 2002, I was denied during this claim and appealed it, will they go back to this date?

Gyno was filed in 2006. But I had information in my service record well before this, which date is relevant here??

• Answers 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Deanbrt - thank you for providing this number. I called this morning and my call was answered on the second ring. I spoke with Jerry, explained that my claim was opened in 11/2010 and wanted more information on the status since Ebenefits shows it has been in the "Preparation for Decision" phase since 03/12. I gave Jerry my SSN, he placed me on hold and returned to the line in 5-6 minutes. He stated that he could see my file was changing hands and I should hear something in 2 to 3 weeks. Jerry stated that just because a claim is in this phase, it doesn't mean it's just stagnent. He also told me to call him back if I have not heard anything after 3 weeks. I thanked him and told him how much I appreciated his help.

As we all know, watching and waiting for Ebenefits can be sooo stressful!

Got through, guy was kind of snappy at first, UGG, but then he after about 2 minutes took my information and once he seen the age on the grant of benefits he was more empathatic and put an inquiry in for me, all he would tell me is that I am close to being paid. BUT that it should have been done by now. I told him that is all I wanted to know but he said at this point an inquiry would speed things up for me. So he got a little nicer towards the end of the call, but he was not very nice at first.

But when I got home this afternoon there was a call from my regional office with a real phone number to call them back, will call tommorro morning.

Edited by vetinpa

deanbrt

Thank you so much, had two phone messages from my varo, called back and my appeal was completed over the phone. Letter will be processed today and I will be at 90%, retro is coming, nothing official in my hand yet, but wanted to let you know that I appreciate your advice and help!

Yes, finally did get a hold of someone this morning, and they finalized my dependant claim, on ebenefits I am now at 90%, with SMC, new amount, new effective date. Also got a ball park on retro. Can not believe all it took was this one phone call to get this done.

They said I should see the retro with in a week because of the holiday, if it is anything like they say I will be a happy camper, paying off my mortgage, turning the ringer off and enjoying myself.