VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Does This Mean

Rate this question

vetinpa

Question

So I am told that both my gynecological and my anxiety issues are considered service connected, I have not recieved official word yet, ebenefits says it is "pending dispatch" The DAV tells me that now it will be sent back to the RO and I will have to have exams to figure out what the severity is to rate both of these.

Anxiety/PTSD was initially filed in 2002, I was denied during this claim and appealed it, will they go back to this date?

Gyno was filed in 2006. But I had information in my service record well before this, which date is relevant here??

• Answers 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Letter was prepared on 12/16/11, however I found out today that both of my issues that were service connected now have to go back to regional office for rating purposes, that the BVA does not do any of this. The DAV told me that this is about a three month process at our local office. He said that the BVA found that I submitted credible evidence on both claims and that these need to be considered without any credit to past denials. what ever that means, I am hoping it means that they will pay the back pay to the initial filing dates of 2001 on one and 2006 on the other.

Letter was prepared on 12/16/11, however I found out today that both of my issues that were service connected now have to go back to regional office for rating purposes, that the BVA does not do any of this. The DAV told me that this is about a three month process at our local office. He said that the BVA found that I submitted credible evidence on both claims and that these need to be considered without any credit to past denials. what ever that means, I am hoping it means that they will pay the back pay to the initial filing dates of 2001 on one and 2006 on the other.

Your RO will figure out the effective dates per the medical evidence of record

and probably provide staged ratings.

Yes - you should receive retro compensation.

Hey Carlie,

Looks like everything is closed up at the BVA on my case and it is headed back to the RO in Pittsburgh, YUCK, hopefully, they will treat it with kindness once it gets back there.

I was reading through some of your posts and was wondering, in your oppinion, how long do you think it will take for mine to be completely done? I know it is on its way back to local office, but will they sit on it or will it move once it is there?

I can kind of figure out the gyneocological on, based on the date of my hysterectomy but the anxiety and PTSD one is tricky for me, I had some rough times dealing, but I am sure they will not acknowledge when I had my head in a bottle for years. Who knows?

Anyways, how long do you think it will take in your oppinion for me to be done and the $$ to be in my account? I see you went through a long term claim that is why I am asking.

thanks

Hey Carlie,

Looks like everything is closed up at the BVA on my case and it is headed back to the RO in Pittsburgh, YUCK, hopefully, they will treat it with kindness once it gets back there.

I was reading through some of your posts and was wondering, in your oppinion, how long do you think it will take for mine to be completely done? I know it is on its way back to local office, but will they sit on it or will it move once it is there?

I can kind of figure out the gyneocological on, based on the date of my hysterectomy but the anxiety and PTSD one is tricky for me, I had some rough times dealing, but I am sure they will not acknowledge when I had my head in a bottle for years. Who knows?

Anyways, how long do you think it will take in your oppinion for me to be done and the $$ to be in my account? I see you went through a long term claim that is why I am asking.

thanks

Should be getting my letter by Wednesday, will post more when I do.

Are you working? When my claim was remanded back to my VARO from BVA it took around 7-8 months for my decision. I was awarded PT No future exams...The retro dates sucked though........