VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Va Called Me?

Rate this question

Deacon 2011

Question

OK, while sitting here trying to figure out how I'm going to pay to get my truck fixed... phone rings, and it's the VA (WHAT???). After nearly two years... so, the lady tells me she's responsible for my claim, it's very old (imagine that) and that if I can verify some info, she's taking the claim into rating right now (claim is for IU). Again she states, the claim is old, needs to be decided blah, blah.

Checked eBenefits and sure enough, it indicates the form 21-0820 (statement of general record) from our conversation and the status shows that it is now pending approval. Still can't believe they called me, perhaps the end of this soap opera is finally near. BTW, I've never seen such a more accurate status of my claims info on eBenefits before.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Great! Let's hope the final decision is in your favor. At least the call puts a bit of human contact with an inhuman process.

thats great the va called me too but it was at like 630am and I was asleep as I work at night so I missed it but left a message saying they where still in development and awaiting final appoval I called the 800 number and they said it was pending final review I dont know what all that means seems if it is still in development have can it be in final reveiw but I am hopping this means the wait is almost over. so good luck to you hope it means you will be getting your envolope soon.

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA called me a few years back about a SMC claim I had filed. First they asked if I had any other information. Then a few weeks later they called and told me my claim was approved. I could not believe it either. They had deferred the claim for a year and I was getting angry sending them letters and I even sent in a NOD saying there was no reason to defer it.

This just happened to me, but I did not get a call, Once someone finally picked up my folder Claim was completed in 3 days.

I hope yours goes just as fast.

Good Luck and Merry Christmas!

NJ