VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Va Called Me?

Rate this question

Deacon 2011

Question

OK, while sitting here trying to figure out how I'm going to pay to get my truck fixed... phone rings, and it's the VA (WHAT???). After nearly two years... so, the lady tells me she's responsible for my claim, it's very old (imagine that) and that if I can verify some info, she's taking the claim into rating right now (claim is for IU). Again she states, the claim is old, needs to be decided blah, blah.

Checked eBenefits and sure enough, it indicates the form 21-0820 (statement of general record) from our conversation and the status shows that it is now pending approval. Still can't believe they called me, perhaps the end of this soap opera is finally near. BTW, I've never seen such a more accurate status of my claims info on eBenefits before.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

A Call :unsure:. Very Happy for you. I would be thankful right now for a form letter telling me that I have not been forgotten :rolleyes:

Papa

Well, I noticed tonight that the claim was done (eBenefits). Hopefully, at some point before the New Year I can insert a post into the success forum on this site. It's funny, they've had everything for months, seems like the lady rating my claim just picked it up one day and "poof" it was done. I've followed the "Law of Hadit", all "I's" dotted, "T's" crossed, checked, copied, and certified!

I was glad when they called me but that was like a month ago and still nothing :(

Yeah I hope to one day make apostles to the success forum myself. If I dont withdraw my claim first. I would rather no be expecting anything and just get on with my life and face the fact that I am gonna have to work even with all my issues. And that's what it is some person had your claim on there desk for months and then they felt like doing something that day so they picked it up spent and hour maybe two looking at it.

• HadIt.com Elder

Moody

I think they can rate your claim any time they want to rate it. Imagine the VARO rating office.....piles of claims, slow moving clerks and raters sipping their coffee. Our individual claims are just not a priority for these people. If you write your claim in a way that a 2nd grader can understand that is your best bet. The best thing is to just get on with your life if you can while checking every month to see if there is anything missing from your claim. Sometimes the VA will stop your claim while they wait for something you could provide yourself. I call them and ask them if they are waiting on anything or if there is something missing like a DD214.

Yeah I have thought about what's going on in the raters office. I call too but the thing is noone knows what's going because noone communicates with each other and there is no accountability with the va if u could talk to someone at ur RO like when u use to call the 800 number u could probaly get better information.