VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Changing A Rating Code

Rate this question

dlsorensen

Question

I filed an original claim for IBS in August of 2008. I was initially given a 0% for 7346 (Hiatal Hernia). I then filed a NOD as I thought I warranted the 30% (daily medication, diarrhea ,substernal arm pain) amount for that rating. The VA came back with a 10%. I appealed this rating in November of last year along with claiming Tinnitus and Sinusitis. My rating just came back Monday with 10% for Tinnitus and 30% for Sinusitus, but no increase in my IBS. My question is this: I feel that I would be better suited to be rated under 7319 for IBS as I easily meet the 30% rating requirements (Take dicyclomine for stomach cramps 4 times a day and have 4 to 5 episodes of diarrhea daily). Can I file a NOD asking that my rating be switched from 7346, which according to the most recent CFR is still Hiatal Hernia to 7319 Irritable Colon with an increase to 30%?

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Actually it is not at my local RO here in Sioux Falls, I had to travel all the way to Minneapolis and my file is in St. Paul. Don't want a sense of impropriety I guess because they think I may know the doctor here and he might talk to the VRO or something! But you are right about the special people. And if I worked at the RO I would all ready be about 125% like they all are :) Just saying...

And if I worked at the RO I would all ready be about 125% like they all are :) I understand that you wrote this as an (poor) attempt at humor.

Yes, there are many veterans working at VAROs. And, many of these veterans are disabled. However, I perceive that VARO employees' claims get additional special attention, to make sure that there has been no undue influence on awards and disability levels.

Actually it is not at my local RO here in Sioux Falls, I had to travel all the way to Minneapolis and my file is in St. Paul. Don't want a sense of impropriety I guess because they think I may know the doctor here and he might talk to the VRO or something! But you are right about the special people. And if I worked at the RO I would all ready be about 125% like they all are :) Just saying...

And if I worked at the RO I would all ready be about 125% like they all are :) I understand that you wrote this as an (poor) attempt at humor.

Your right, probably not the best attempt at humor. But I seriously have not met a VRO from my regional office who is a veteran who is less than 50% S/C. Does not mean they are not out there, just I have never met one. I would just like one of them to look at my record and do the right thing like they had wanted done with theirs.

Edited by dlsorensen