VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

W-2 For Year Ending 2011

Rate this question

TXNVYMOM

Question

Sorry I am probably asking a silly question..but this is the first year for my son to receive income from the VA. Will he get a W-2? If so is it mailed out. If it isn't mailed where do you find them. For instance he's on TDRL and can get his military W-2 online at mypay. I would appreciate any answers. Thank you!

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

VA disability is not income. It is not taxable. Therefor there is no reason to report it. Certain agencies (food stamps, medicaid) require it to be reported, but they specifically note that, in addition to income.

• HadIt.com Elder

you need to get a tax accountant to tell you how to handle any payments from the military on his retirement benefits but none of his VA comp is taxable he should also be able to draw SSD benefits

Like the others have said, no W-2 for VA Disability. The W-2 for the military should be fairly simple depending on several variables, marriage status, dependents and so on. If, he is single he can file a 1040EZ. If, he is married with kids, make sure he knows about the child credit, and earned income tax credit.

Papa

• HadIt.com Elder

When I fill out forms I read them carefully. If it asks for VA Disability Income I disclose it. If it is general I do not. This is my opinion and the way I deal with bureaucracy but to get an answer from me they have to ask the question so it is understandable.

If he is on TDRL it would not be a W-2 it would be a 1099R and it will tell you on his 1099R if it is taxable or not no need for an accountant for that I know this as I receve money from DFAS for being on TDRL when I got to mypay and look at my statment is say not taxable due to the nautre of your injuries (combat related) and like everyone else said VA money is not taxable or reportable to the IRS.