VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

2Nd Time Here

Rate this question

Landluver

Question

I am rated 50% major depressive disorder and 10% intervertable disc syndrome,and mics. others which total 70%. My last request for an increase can back denied for thee third time. My contention is the back problem is the major cause of the depression. I'm now recovering from my second back surgery in the same area with an additional 6 to 8 weeks off work. I missed 6 weeks prior.to surgery and worked 1.5 weeks then had the surgery.Between the dr visits the recovery and not being able to cope with the day to day stress involved with my job as a 35 yr machinest whom is supposed to be able to work alone I no longer can be effective and my employer will dismiss me as soon as I have people trained to do my job. ( I would to ).My question is the last denial came, then about two weeks later another letter came stating it was in administrative review? For new claim of unemployabilty .WTF?As far as I'm concerned my cvso is to lazy to do a good job. Should I try to do this myself or get a lawyer?From reading the statues the back should be at 70%, and depression 70% also. With tinnitus @10%, left leg10%, leftfoot10%,migraine headachs@10%. Right. Leg @10%. I belive it should be nearlyb100%without the unemployabilty. Shouldn't the left & right leg be bilateral? Seems I on a long and bumpy road and with the depression doing anything about it is very hard to complete.

Have a very merry christmass and a safe and good new year to allAl S

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1324842404' post=267051]

Yes it is the IVDS causing the pain, well now the 30 or so staples in my back aren't making it any better! If the pain in my legs and foot get better does my rating & benefit follow? No there is no retirement pension where I work this would be it for the most part. That is why I would much rather be 100%p&t and still be able to work some. I will go completely crazy if I could do nothing at all! Close now! You know drive the short bus or wall mart greeter or something. Any how thanks for the shot in the arm at christmass time I was in bad need and you guys helped me out of the dark spot I was againg falling into. Thanks again and have a merry christmass and a safe new year.

I do have short term disability for now, and a work comp claim in process.Can you really get a psych to write such a letter? I use VA solely as my medical provider but am still caring ins. At work to keep my wife insured. Should this letter come from a private psych? I'm scheduled for a bunch of c&p exams again after the st of the year, and am not sure why other than for the review, but there are exams for hearing Ect. Which do not make sence.