VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Peggy Says: "adequate For Rating"?

Rate this question

kubrickbrawlik

Question

I had submitted my claim for PTSD, and about 5 other physical issues in October of 2008. I was in Iraq during OIF III. I got denied (no C and P)in 2009 while inpatient at the Montrose VA PTSD unit, of course I hired a lawyer and appealed I finally had a C & P for PTSD October 9, 2011. Peggy said they recieved the C and P exam October 24th, and also said that on November 28th my file says "adequate for rating". Unsure what that exactly means. I've had a lawyer since the original denial, not to mention contacting 2 congressmen, and a senator, all of which seemed useless. I'm just curious if this is going to a ratings board, or doesn't really mean anything. Welcome home everyone, and good luck.

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• Founder

kubrickbrawlik -

I get "financial survival" but remember you made it out of Iraq you can make it through this. I agree with Carlie your C and P sounds very much in your favor it's all about waiting now. It sucks.

I am really excited to see you are motivated to be a vet rep, we need all our brothers and sisters from the current wars to help. Anything that you think we need to add to HadIt.com for our current era of veterans please feel free to let me know.

Question for you after coming back from Iraq and mustering out, when you first filed a claim, is there anything you wish you had known about the VA system, before you started the process? I want to add as much to our resources for OEF/OIF veterans, somethings are the same for all veterans, but there are specific benefits, laws and such related to just those veterans. So like I said any suggestions would be great. Thank you for your service.

Okay just got my C and P exam from my lawyer, it couldn't be more supportive. A 45 GAF score, a direct connection between my service in Iraq and my PTSD. States that I am financially responsible to handle my own finances. This is the 2nd VA psychologist to give me a 45 GAF, and admit that my PTSD is service connected. So, now I'm just waiting on the DRO, wish I knew that a congressional inquiry would move my claim to the back of the line (is that accurate?). This is not just about monetary rewards, this is about financial survival. This is either being on the street or having a roof over my head. I cannot wait to go back to school. I am so motivated to be a vet rep and try to guide guys coming home away from the pitfalls and minefields that are the VA benefits path. But I am hopeful for the future, scared as xxxx about the present.

Kubrick

I work at the VA and can tell you that contacting a congress person will not knock you out of line. Usually when a congressional comes in, everything is dropped to come to a conclusion. The conclusion might not please you depending on the ethic of the DRO

I deal in admin and help vets who can't pay copays. When a decision is made and the vet disagrees or if it takes forever to get to a waiver, some vets call thier reps and it goes to the Sup and it has to be handled at the congressional office or RC in some cases

I have a 45 Gaf as well. My NOD is over a year old I think. My stressor is documented in my med records it was just submitted wrong

Since you are homeless, you qualify for a hardship. Go see the PA at the hospital. Some vets get $$ help at times as well.

If you don't have a rating, you have to do a MT to fall into a cat 4 status so you can be RX copay exempt. If you are receiving meds and inpat and not have a cat 4 or less you are still liable for copays. If you don't pay they will DMC or TOP any va or fed money you get to include tax returns

Once you get a rating, any copays can be recovered for the SC through an audit by calling the HRC which is listed on your statement

I agree with what what the others already said. the congress people slow your claim. as for your lawyer - why would he want more info about work history if it is alread documented? the VA has a program for homeless if you end up with out a place to live. check with your VA about it. as you have to go to a class and fill out the paperwork. as far as other sources of money to get you through on your bills - I have had to go to local church services for food, vouchers for electric and water and what not - my VA rec'ed them and also "Welcome home troop" local services that will help with rent and what not. Some times they have the funding - some times not but they will be able to help put you in contact with people that can help with that aspect. it's a depressing and kick to the teeth in pride to have to go to these but you got to do what you got to do while waiting with nothing in your pocket or belly.. remember that your day will come too - hopefully soon. keep your head down and know that you are not alone.

kubrickbrawlik -

I get "financial survival" but remember you made it out of Iraq you can make it through this. I agree with Carlie your C and P sounds very much in your favor it's all about waiting now. It sucks.

I am really excited to see you are motivated to be a vet rep, we need all our brothers and sisters from the current wars to help. Anything that you think we need to add to HadIt.com for our current era of veterans please feel free to let me know.

Question for you after coming back from Iraq and mustering out, when you first filed a claim, is there anything you wish you had known about the VA system, before you started the process? I want to add as much to our resources for OEF/OIF veterans, somethings are the same for all veterans, but there are specific benefits, laws and such related to just those veterans. So like I said any suggestions would be great. Thank you for your service.

Yeah I wish I had known about this site. Seriously, I've gotten more info in the last 2 or 3 weeks trolling on here, than in the first year of dealing with the VA. I didn't know anything I was entitled to when I got out. I was even denied unemployment when I got out. I had no idea I was entitled to it for 2 years. Your doing an amazing service with this site. I really admire you, and everyone that posts on here, especially those who already have their percentage but didn't forget where they came from, and the veterans still fighting for what is rightfully ours. I want to say thank you. I will recommend this site to any and all vets of our current wars that I run into. I would love to do more on here as well, these four years of fighting the VA have taught me alot. When I first filed I had the DAV do my claim, needless to say the rep that I had wasn't worth $#*T, I'm not saying that they're all like that. That was just my experience.

• Founder

Thanks kub, keep spreading the word, this month we will be opening an OEF/OIF forum just to sort of give the troops someplace to go we can read their questions and move the to the proper forums until they get acclimated. We are always looking for content we are lucky to have fanaticbooks who provides great content in the VA training and fast letter forums.

Here's a way to pass the word print and pass out these cards to any veterans that might find us useful https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http://www.hadit.com/hadit_com_pass_it_on_cards.pdf&pli=1