VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Peggy Says: "adequate For Rating"?

Rate this question

kubrickbrawlik

Question

I had submitted my claim for PTSD, and about 5 other physical issues in October of 2008. I was in Iraq during OIF III. I got denied (no C and P)in 2009 while inpatient at the Montrose VA PTSD unit, of course I hired a lawyer and appealed I finally had a C & P for PTSD October 9, 2011. Peggy said they recieved the C and P exam October 24th, and also said that on November 28th my file says "adequate for rating". Unsure what that exactly means. I've had a lawyer since the original denial, not to mention contacting 2 congressmen, and a senator, all of which seemed useless. I'm just curious if this is going to a ratings board, or doesn't really mean anything. Welcome home everyone, and good luck.

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Congressionals DO NOT kick you out of place. I work congressionals for 19 facilities everyday.

The VA takes them very SERIOUSLY

If you really want to know why many decisions, not only C&P, take so long, look no further than the Vet

We wade through so much BS that it takes time to gather facts from fiction.

Frankly, I haven't met any vets who really know how the system works unless they work there

Thanks kub, keep spreading the word, this month we will be opening an OEF/OIF forum just to sort of give the troops someplace to go we can read their questions and move the to the proper forums until they get acclimated. We are always looking for content we are lucky to have fanaticbooks who provides great content in the VA training and fast letter forums.

Here's a way to pass the word print and pass out these cards to any veterans that might find us useful https://docs.google....cards.pdf&pli=1

Awesome, will do TBird.

Congressionals DO NOT kick you out of place. I work congressionals for 19 facilities everyday.

If you really want to know why many decisions, not only C&P, take so long, look no further than the Vet

Frankly, I haven't met any vets who really know how the system works unless they work there

Frankly, I haven't met many people who work at the VA who really know how the system works. Everyone knows the system is bogged down and every Vets case is different. I understand you "wade through so much BS that it takes time to gather facts from fiction." No one is blaming you as an individual. Yes, you may know your job but there are plenty others out there that don't, doing the do just to get by - a signature and on it's merry way and off the desk and on to the next. So as much as it may be the Vets fault for you doing your job to seperate fact from fiction, it's also, apparently, your job to do it. I applaud you maybe you can pass on some info to get the other RO's out there to pop smoke and follow your lead with some integrity and accountablity.

I seriously hope they don't, because I just contacted a congressman in Albany, NY about my claim. I just need it to be expedited a bit, if it's delayed much longer I'm going to have to turn to crime. I have no other options left. It's pretty sad when people who give themselves to the benefit for this country are treated with disdain, such as the 'Nam guys, and girls. Or with indifference, with the general public glued to Ipads, and are more concerned with who the Kardashians are banging. Which is worse? But back to the topic, how does getting a congressman involved expedite the process?

Their office contacts the RO. At that point, it goes to the dro. Then the person handling the case keeps in contact with a summary of the case. If it doesn't look right the con office can ask for it to be reviewed and corrected

Theoretically it can be done in a day.

You have to remember that your decision was made by the C&P doc not the DRO or any other VA employee.

They have to rereview the DR notes as to why you were denied. Then they have to redevelop your case for a new decision

The other thing is that the VHA is not the VBA. So the two have to communicate.

It seems in your case from what I read is that you are missing a nexus or stressor that lead to your denial

Like I said, I really hate the system and came here to work because I couldn't keep a job elsewhere and and I wanted to help other guys as a therapy for me to keep my mind busy

I am two years into my NOD because the cvso didn't have me do an intake before C&P exam

I just contacted my advocate and now it will be several more months instead end of the year

• HadIt.com Elder

Walter:

I have read your posts and find them to be very helpful. I want to thank you for giving us a clearer picture about how it works.

Have you thought of the irony that although you know how to make it works the VA is still dragging on your claim.

Just a question. I know a Vet who lives in a dilapidated home pays no rent. Has no water, gas or electric. Pit up three solar panels with a battery to have light at night the only thing besides food he spends money on.He also is dxed with PTSD at VA/ He does have a cell phone.

He is a Viet Nam Navy Vet but actually stepped foot on ground in Nam and can prove it.

Anyway its probably him that he cannot get service connected and he is happy more or less with the 1000 a month the VA gives him.

I agree with you it is partly him he is paranoid about being locked up at VA but its a lot the VA I know there are a lot of Vets in bad shape that somehow never make it through the VA and these guys live very hard lives.

I wish I could develop a plan to help him but he frustrates the hell out of me.

He gets a pension from VA and lives on it. Has a VAN with 160,000 miles