VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Peggy Says: "adequate For Rating"?

Rate this question

kubrickbrawlik

Question

I had submitted my claim for PTSD, and about 5 other physical issues in October of 2008. I was in Iraq during OIF III. I got denied (no C and P)in 2009 while inpatient at the Montrose VA PTSD unit, of course I hired a lawyer and appealed I finally had a C & P for PTSD October 9, 2011. Peggy said they recieved the C and P exam October 24th, and also said that on November 28th my file says "adequate for rating". Unsure what that exactly means. I've had a lawyer since the original denial, not to mention contacting 2 congressmen, and a senator, all of which seemed useless. I'm just curious if this is going to a ratings board, or doesn't really mean anything. Welcome home everyone, and good luck.

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Their office contacts the RO. At that point, it goes to the dro. Then the person handling the case keeps in contact with a summary of the case. If it doesn't look right the con office can ask for it to be reviewed and corrected

Theoretically it can be done in a day.

You have to remember that your decision was made by the C&P doc not the DRO or any other VA employee.

They have to rereview the DR notes as to why you were denied. Then they have to redevelop your case for a new decision

The other thing is that the VHA is not the VBA. So the two have to communicate.

It seems in your case from what I read is that you are missing a nexus or stressor that lead to your denial

Like I said, I really hate the system and came here to work because I couldn't keep a job elsewhere and and I wanted to help other guys as a therapy for me to keep my mind busy

I am two years into my NOD because the cvso didn't have me do an intake before C&P exam

I just contacted my advocate and now it will be several more months instead end of the year

Actually I had my first C & P 2 years after I filed an appeal. I have a copy of his report, and he confirmed everything I was claiming about PTSD. So I'm good with that, they had no right to deny me the first time, I had the DAV handling my claim and I didnt know anything about the VA or the claims process. So it was my ignorance coupled with the VSO's laziness, and the VA's practice of instant denial. But I thank you for the info Walter. PS what is the VHA?

Edited by kubrickbrawlik

VHA is the health administration who does the C&P and the Benefits Admin who determined the exams after the doc makes decision.

Pete, I did nt start at the VA until after my c&p. I deal with guys like your friend everyday

My cvso told me to do a mental health and knee claim before a C&P and before my knee replacement

I would advise anyone who is filing to be sure to have gone to intake first

I technically haven't been denied for PTSD yet. I have had an exam yet. The lesson is to get different claims separated out.

My PTSD is being lumped in with my knee Nod

I guess I have issues I don't know. I am working well because my dept is full of vets and my manager is a CWO3 retired marine so it is easier to respect him and him me since he understands the issues we face with the stress part of our lives.

I technically haven't been denied for PTSD yet. I have had an exam yet.

The lesson is to get different claims separated out.

My PTSD is being lumped in with my knee Nod

I am not understanding the above.

If you have not yet been denied SC for PTSD - then how and why

is PTSD part of your NOD, regarding VA action on your knee ?

Thanks

I am not understanding the above.If you have not yet been denied SC for PTSD - then how and whyis PTSD part of your NOD, regarding VA action on your knee ?Thanks
This post is a year old, but to play along I never went to intake before my last C&P. it was denied because of that. Now I have been to intake, been diagnosed, 45 GAF, ASPD and depression with severe PTSD and graphically have shown this forum the progress notes with determination of said exam I will stick with coworkers at the VA with a ptsd rating for help with my questions about my exam. By the info being given about waivers and hardships in another post, knowledge is spotty anyway. Thanks though

This post is a year old, but to play along I never went to intake before my last C&P. it was denied because of that. Now I have been to intake, been diagnosed, 45 GAF, ASPD and depression with severe PTSD and graphically have shown this forum the progress notes with determination of said exam I will stick with coworkers at the VA with a ptsd rating for help with my questions about my exam. By the info being given about waivers and hardships in another post, knowledge is spotty anyway. Thanks though

Well at least it sounds like you have peeps to bounce your questions

off of.

I only made a reply due to a recent post you made and was

going to try and help out some.

Congressionals DO NOT kick you out of place. I work congressionals for 19 facilities everyday.

The VA takes them very SERIOUSLY

If you really want to know why many decisions, not only C&P, take so long, look no further than the Vet

We wade through so much BS that it takes time to gather facts from fiction.

Frankly, I haven't met any vets who really know how the system works unless they work there

Just out of curiousity, how does a veteran have any control over the C/P exam? It is my understanding that when a veterans records are reviewed during the development phase, they send the C/P folks information on what exams are needed to adjudicate the vets claim. The C/P then notifies the vet., vet reports, rest is history? Please advise if this is wrong! Thank you