VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nod

Rate this question

Hollis

Question

Well I am new to the ebenefit site. Today I went to it to view my NOD. I stated none was filed and the apeal wasn't also. So is the the norn for thi site? I am going to my VA rep in the morning and see if he can find anything. But can anyone add something on this? Thanks

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Well I am new to the ebenefit site. Today I went to it to view my NOD. I stated none was filed and the apeal wasn't also.

So is the the norn for thi site? I am going to my VA rep in the morning and see if he can find anything.

But can anyone add something on this? Thanks

Ebenefits is not yet what it is intended to be.

Tons of information will never show up.

Don't try to track your claim with ebenefits or the 800 #

that is, unless you like to be disappointed.

JMHO

Hollis,

Like Carlie said- eBenefits is a tool the VA can use or not and it is not directly linked to your claim status; information must be manually entered in to it.

Some folks will find their eBenefit info to be accurate and up to date.

Others, like me, will find it fairly useless.

A VSO is the only one I know who can look in computer and check your actual status.

Hang in there! :smile:

• HadIt.com Elder

Hollis

When you send documents to the VA I suggest getting a date stamped copy. This way they can never say they did not get the appeal or nod on time. If you live hundreds of miles from your VARO you can use certified/return receipt mail, but the date stamped copy is still best. If you have copies already don't worry about it. My VARO has lost my stuff about 10 times over the years. They even claimed they lost my DD214. It was sitting in the C-File but they were too lazy to look. You are dealing with people who flunked second grade twice. You cannot believe anything they say until you have it in writing.

John

Or fax. A fax is regarded as a legal document. An e mail is not.....

Hollis

When you send documents to the VA I suggest getting a date stamped copy. This way they can never say they did not get the appeal or nod on time. If you live hundreds of miles from your VARO you can use certified/return receipt mail, but the date stamped copy is still best. If you have copies already don't worry about it. My VARO has lost my stuff about 10 times over the years. They even claimed they lost my DD214. It was sitting in the C-File but they were too lazy to look. You are dealing with people who flunked second grade twice. You cannot believe anything they say until you have it in writing.

John